Mid-Level to Senior Data Engineer | $90K -160K | Industry Leading Real Estate Software Platform
- 765 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, NJ 08108, USA
Please only apply to this position if you have the ability to work full-time from Collingswood, NJ, are a US Citizen, have your Green Card or Long Term Visa.
SMARTER AGENT'S GOAL IS TO BUILD THE BEST DATA TEAM IN THE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY
Smarter Agent is one of the most widely used software platforms in the real estate industry and is integrated into the operations of many of the premier organizations in the residential real estate market.
- Our success is built on our expanding data capabilities and data services.
- We now have one of the largest real estate data services platforms in North America.
- With Smarter Agent, our customers do not have to overhaul their legacy software systems or keep up with fast paced new technologies in order to have a source of truth made up of accurate real estate data and continuous innovation.
Our Data and Technology Teams are Best in Class in the Real Estate Industry
- Smarter Agent has a long history of innovation in the real estate markets and has built an industry leading team that has goals to dominate the real estate data market with their SAAS platform.
- Members of Smarter Agent have been granted US patents for location based mobile search, branding and advertising, with 5 granted patents issued since May 2013 and 2 granted in 2017.
- Smarter Agent was the first to introduce a cascading platform for mobile app delivery. With this app creation and linking technology, any global brand with a local presence has a way to maintain design and business rule control while providing personally branded apps to all their agents across the country or globe.
- Smarter Agent’s work with data over the years has morphed the company into a leading real estate data firm creating services to support global and regional real estate organizations.
Smarter Agent Headquarters Overview
- The Smarter Agent team is an extremely successful tech start-up based in the retro cool South Jersey gem of Collingswood, New Jersey.
- Our new office is on the second floor of the building we designed is 10 minutes outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania via the PATCO commuter light rail - we have free parking as well.
- We have a flexible work and time-off schedule and provide health benefits.
- Smarter Agent fosters a team environment where you can expand your skill set, gain leadership skills and grow your career.
We're looking for Mid-Level and Senior Level Data Engineers to help us transform how consumers interact with real estate data. Smarter Agent has every residential listing in North America updating multiple times per day on behalf of our real estate customers. You will manage and create systems to utilize these data sets and drive innovation within our SAAS Platform.
- Recommend and implement data processing tools and technologies to keep us at the forefront of real estate data engineering, data science, data architecture and evolve our data stack.
- Extract, transform and load data pipelines from end-to-end.
- Create, develop and document data mapping rules.
- Perform data cleansing and transformation of data.
- Write specifications from which conversion programs will be written.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure that the specifications meet the business and system requirements.
- Utilize tools and programs to analyze and convert data to a standardized format.
- Recommend and implement data processing tools and technologies to keep us at the forefront of real estate data engineering and data science.
- Develop continuous process improvements.
- Identify and fix “data bugs” and improve the overall quality of information.
- Work, collaborate, mentor and provide leadership to members within our team.
- You MUST be passionate about solving data challenges through software and technology.
- You MUST be a highly analytical, results driven individual, with high attention to detail and strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- The Mid-Level and Senior Data Engineer MUST have 3-10+ years of proven experience in areas including software engineering, data engineering and data architecture.
- You MUST have prior experience in areas or similar technologies including SQL, Oracle, PostGres, DynamoDB, Firehose, MongoDB, Elastic Search, Neo4j and REST APIs.
- You MUST have prior Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience as well as worked in scripting languages like Python to aggregate, gather, and manipulate data.
- You MUST understand databases, data conversion and data cleansing methods.
- You should have prior experience parsing and mapping data.
- You should have advanced Microsoft Excel experience.
- You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You will get big points if you have worked with Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data and standards and real estate public record data.
Process for Interviewing
- Please submit your resume and LinkedIn profile by clicking “I’m Interested” and why you feel that you are a good fit for the position.
- Phone screen by Michael C. Bertoni, Director of Recruiting.
- Smarter Agent Online Assessment to see if cognitive and cultural fit for leading start-up.
- 1 Onsite Interview with Founder/CEO, Founder/CTO, technical team/leads with follow up software code review.
All the above can be completed expediently after completion of the online assessment.