SET is a leading manufacturer of LTE/5G-based advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) solutions based in Carlsbad, CA. The company is entering an aggressive growth phase based on a proven track record delivering successful meter-to-cash value to water utilities. SET delivers the newest-generation, LTE, secure, Cloud-based SaaS solutions that provide water utilities with recurring operating savings, safety improvements, regulatory compliance, and improved customer satisfaction.
SET participates in a robust, well-defined, multi-billion global market opportunity for AMI. The SET solution frees water utilities to both 1) augment existing AMI/AMR systems with LTE-based solutions 2) replace aging AMI/AMR infrastructure with LTE-based AMI/IOT networks that leverage a broad ecosystem of suppliers.
SET is growth oriented and profitable. The company proudly stands on a five-year successful operating history and is abundantly backed by a leading, global private equity firm.
SET products include fully-integrated, battery-operated, cellular endpoint transceivers and valves, installation tools, LTE network infrastructure, and award-winning cloud software and APIs for head-end, MDMS, CIS, CX, and payment.
SET is leveraging significant, core intellectual property in hardware, software, and network integration. SET eliminates the vendor lock-in experienced with current competitive systems, offering North American water utilities the power of choice by delivering next-generation AMI/IOT solutions compatible with any installed base or new water meters. SET takes full responsibility for the resultant network operation and performance with best-of-class dependability, quality and customer service.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician is an instrumental member of the project team, helping to ensure that our product is fit for end user's needs. Quality Assurance (QA)Technicians work closely with the entire project team to review the overall functional and non-functional requirements, while keeping a user's perspective in mind. Activities in this role will include analyzing non-functional requirements and technical designs, translating functional requirements into test cases, identifying defects, and driving them to resolution. Ideally, candidates will possess a drive for thinking creatively to resolve complex problems and enjoy contributing to solutions regardless of their functional role within a project team.
- Review requirements and design specifications; advise Management and/or Testing Leads regarding requirements and design testability. Be an outspoken advocate for QA best practices during all stages of a project.
- Develop, communicate, and implement comprehensive QA strategies to ensure testing coverage over the duration of a project
- Collaborate with QA team and Customer Service to understand use cases and requirements in order to better advocate for business users. Collaborate with project and business teams to reproduce, analyze, and document software defects.
- Understands QA fundamentals and can apply these to a variety of project types. Able to create and execute test cases, stay organized in testing efforts, and accurately identify, document, and report software
- Strong consultative and analytical skills; some knowledge of software and hardware development lifecycle preferred
- The ability to execute test cases while leveraging various test heuristics to validate those solutions are working as expected
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability through self-directed task management.
- Reporting defects, issues and overall results to peers and management
- Self-motivated and ability to excel in team-oriented environment, yet able to work independently requiring minimal direction.
- Exemplifies a high degree of personal integrity and interpersonal skills and abilities
- Exhibits high energy and drive, brings enthusiasm and the ability to engage with people at multiple levels on projects and meetings.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Technical degree in related field preferred, but not required
- Solid understanding of test equipment
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel and general computer skills
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information along with excellent organizational skills
JOB TYPE: Full-time
BENEFITS: Competitive Hourly Rate, Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off
- Office – Carlsbad CA. NOT A REMOTE POSITION
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.