Legal Counsel 法律顾问
- Beijing, China
Smaato’s Digital Advertising Technology Platform gives publishers the controls to deliver seamless, tailored, and engaging experiences for their audiences and advertisers. Advanced targeting capabilities and competitive intelligence help publishers optimize their monetization strategy to create data-driven experiences and reach their full revenue potential. Founded in 2005, Smaato is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with additional offices in Hamburg, New York, Shanghai, and Singapore. Learn more at www.smaato.com.
Smaato is seeking a Legal Counsel to assist and support the team on our legal operations including advice and implementations on a broad range of legal and compliance matters.
Your internal customers range across different departments and hierarchy levels which provides you with the unique opportunity to not only work closely with different business perspectives but also people from across the world!
What You’ll Do
- Draft, review, and negotiate data processing agreements and commercial contracts and provide privacy subject-matter expertise and guidance to the legal team and cross functional departments
- Experience with advertising or internet technology space overseeing negotiating, drafting, and advising on a variety of AdTech agreements and transactions, including key agreements relating to customers, partnership arrangements, suppliers, and vendors
- Monitor and administer the company’s compliance with regulatory requirements and global data protection and privacy laws including China’s Cybersecurity Law, the EU GDPR, Singapore Personal Data Protection Act, and other local regulations governing the use of personal data; updating data processing, privacy notices, and cookie policies
- Monitor compliance with local laws and regulations, including without limitation CBRC, SAFE, and PBOC rules and guidelines
- Assist in the preparation and review of regulatory filings
- Keep abreast of legal developments and changes in laws and regulations related to the company's business, advise of the impact on the institution of such changes and ensure contract provisions are compliant with relevant laws
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, accounting, human resources, sales, marketing, product, and engineering to manage corporate transactions and initiatives and to mitigate legal risk
- Support Smaato’s Legal team on other legal projects as may be required
- 4 - 6 years of relevant legal experience at a top-tier law firm or international in-house legal department; in-house experience at a digital advertising, data or media company is strongly preferred
- Law degree from an accredited law school with strong academic credentials, and qualified to practice law in China (法律资格证书)
- Experienced within the Internet industry required, experience in Advertising technology and data and consumer privacy regulations (including the EU GDPR and CCPA) would be a plus
- Legal experience for successful operations, including administration, employment, contract negotiation, regulatory compliance, intellectual property, data privacy. Other pluses would be experience in banking, tax, litigation, capital raising and other areas
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple international business functions, including a broad and deep professional knowledge in an international context (incl. EMEA and AMERICAS)
- Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, deadlines, and changing priorities in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor communication as appropriate to different audiences and contexts and convey complex legal issues clearly and concisely
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Full business proficiency in English is a prerequisite