Android SDK Developer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Smaato’s Digital Advertising Technology Platform gives publishers the controls to deliver seamless, tailored, and engaging experiences for their audiences and advertisers. Advanced targeting capabilities and competitive intelligence help publishers optimize their monetization strategy to create data-driven experiences and reach their full revenue potential. Founded in 2005, Smaato is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with additional offices in Hamburg, New York, Shanghai, and Singapore. Learn more at www.smaato.com.
Smaato provides mobile app developers with SDKs that help them monetize their application by adding advertisements integrated with the Smaato network. These SDKs are connected via APIs to the Smaato backend to transfer relevant data, and request advertisements to be shown in mobile apps. To us it is essential to offer the highest possible user experience, reliability, and low resource consumption.
As Android SDK Developer / Engineer you will be responsible for adding new features to the SDKs, maintaining the related apps, and starting new initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Develop enhancements of our Android SDK following the Scrum methodology
- Adopt new interactive advertising formats, e.g., native in-app video ads, that will maximize the revenue stream
- Create sample applications for our demand and supply partners that serve as integration aid and allows to test new ad formats
- Develop internal applications for Smaato to test the SDK
- Stay up-to-date with latest Android SDK trends to ensure that the latest mobile devices are supported
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience developing and deploying Android applications, min. 3 years of experience developing Android SDK’s
- Expert user in Java, Kotlin, and Jenkins
- Experienced in applying Test-Driven-Development
- iOS (SDK) development experience will be advantageous
- Knowledge of UIAutomator/Espresso and Gradle are nice to haves as well as experience developing plug-ins to games like Unity
- Work experience in the AdTech ecosystem as well as in an Agile environment would be a plus
- Full business proficiency in English is required