Accountant - Accounts Receivable (m/f/d)
- Hamburg, Germany
Smaato’s Digital Advertising Technology Platform gives publishers the controls to deliver seamless, tailored, and engaging experiences for their audiences and advertisers. Advanced targeting capabilities and competitive intelligence help publishers optimize their monetization strategy to create data-driven experiences and reach their full revenue potential. Founded in 2005, Smaato is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with additional offices in Hamburg, New York, Shanghai, and Singapore. Learn more at www.smaato.com.
As an Accountant (m/f/d) for Accounts Receivable you are owning the process of retrieving invoices and ensuring that payments are done in a timely fashion. With your detailed eye for improvement processes you make suggestions pertaining further automation of billing processes and can deliver precise results on month-end and year-end closure.
Due to Smaato’s global setup you operate at global scale including the EMEA, AMERICAS and APAC region. This role offers you the opportunity to work among a truly international team requiring English as a daily communication language.
What You’ll Do
- Manage billing and revenue recognition procedures for the Group (AMERICAS, EMEA and APAC)
- Improve global processes for billing and accounting of revenue, including COGS, allowances, deferred revenue, and the related balance sheet reconciliations
- Review and evaluate new contracts with business partners to comply with accounting policies in the sector of revenue recognition
- Comply with Month-,Quarter- and Year End procedures
- Review current procedures and implement controls to ensure a mitigated risk for Smaato
- Pull ad hoc reporting of the revenue and billing domain
- Work in close collaboration with the global Traffic Quality team
- Credit monitoring and cash collections for the Group
- Assist with Treasury topics and projects
- Support regular audit procedures
- Preparation of monthly and annual VAT filings
- University degree in e.g. Finance or equivalent work experience
- Professional work experience in accounts receivable and project management
- Proficiency in either IFRS or US-GAAP
- You have worked with an ERP System, knowledge on Netsuite is a plus
- You are good with numbers and have strong user experience in Excel (pivot tables and vlookups are a piece of cake to you)
- Ability to work independently, questioning present processes with an eye for efficiency improvements and showing own initiative in questioning the status-quo and implement new processes are second nature to you
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand and engage with internal and external customers
- Full business proficiency in English, German skills beneficial
Smaato’s modern Hamburg office offers an incredible 360° view over Hamburg’s city center and harbor, and is decorated with lounges, relax, and gaming rooms, including Foosball tables, PS4 consoles and guitar hero. In this office, we conduct in-house hackathons open to all employees!
Our unique and diverse company culture is shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline. Our employees’ loyalty, efforts, and commitment, we reward with numerous incentive and training programs, regular team events, fresh fruit & snacks, and fun activities.
Despite our growth over the past decade, we maintained flat hierarchies and short decision paths - much like in our start-up time. We have introduced flexible working hours, a home office regulation, and other work-life-balance options.
The salaries are market competitive and in addition we offer benefits such as a company pension plan and the HVV ProfiCard (public transit ticket for Hamburg) or equivalent.