Senior Data Scientist (m/f/d)
- Hamburg, Germany
Smaato, the global in-app advertising platform, drives the technology that keeps apps free. Smaato’s full-featured mobile ad server empowers apps of all sizes to reach their full monetization potential by connecting them with the world’s top advertisers.
Our global headquarters are in San Francisco, California, and we have additional offices in Berlin, Hamburg, New York, Shanghai, and Singapore. Smaato’s employees (better known as Smaaties) represent 45 unique nationalities. You know you will fit in at Smaato if you are passionate about mobile technology and want to work on a product that influences the daily lives of people around the world.
Interested? Learn more at smaato.com.
Smaato’s Data Science team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is experienced in building intelligent systems and cloud based machine learning solutions using a data volume that easily reaches a multi terabyte scale.
Why? Our cutting edge platform is processing an average of 20 billion inbound advertising queries per day. Each incoming request generates multiple outbound requests to our partners, which results into more than 12 terabytes of data running on our platform each day.
Processing this data, you will lead the building of statistical models that demonstrate data predictions to Smaato’s customers.
In addition to developing cloud-based solutions, you will collaborate closely with our talented Software Engineers to design the intelligent modules, integrate the implemented ML models into our systems and services built on AWS, and report on their performance to the Director, Data Engineering.
What You'll Do
- Support the business and product stakeholders by developing machine learning models
- Find yourself in a mentoring role to your team members
- Design, develop and deliver scalable, high-performance and real-time data processing and analysis software to pass automated acceptance tests
- Evaluate and select the right technologies to build scalable solutions for our clients in the Ad-Tech industry
- Solve complex problems by identifying and optimizing relevant KPIs from a multitude of data
- In our agile environment you will cooperate with the product management team and business stakeholders
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis using Databricks Notebooks
- We trust you to share responsibility for all team deliverables
- University degree in Mathematics or Statistics (MS/PhD preferred), further degree in Computer Science is of advantage
- 5+ years of work experience in the digital industry in statistics and AI developing productive machine learning-based solutions
- Deep understanding of data technologies and tools
- Vast experience handling Spark and cloud-based AWS services
- Experience in programming with Python, relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, Postgres, and Vertica
- Familiarity with the online- or mobile advertising business counts as strong plus
- First experience in functionally mentoring team members desired
- Valid work permit for the German market
Smaato’s modern Hamburg office offers an incredible 360° view over Hamburg’s city center and harbor, and is decorated with lounges, relax, and gaming rooms, including Foosball tables, PS4 consoles and guitar hero. In this office, we conduct in-house hackathons, in which everyone can participate!
Our unique and diverse company culture is shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline. Our employees’ loyalty, efforts, and commitment, we reward with numerous incentive and training programs, career development opportunities, regular team events, fresh fruit & snacks, and fun activities.
Despite our growth over the past decade, we maintained flat hierarchies and short decision paths - much like in our start-up time. We have introduced flexible working hours, a home office regulation, and other work-life-balance options.
The salaries are market competitive and in addition we offer benefits such as a company pension plan and the HVV ProfiTicket (public transit ticket for Hamburg) or equivalent.
A Buddy-Program offers new employees from abroad assistance for their start in a new country.