iOS SDK Engineer (m/f/d)
- Hamburg, Germany
Smaato, the global in-app advertising platform, drives the technology that keeps apps free. Smaato’s full-featured mobile ad server empowers apps of all sizes to reach their full monetization potential by connecting them with the world’s top advertisers.
Our global headquarters are in San Francisco, California, and we have additional offices in Berlin, Hamburg, New York, Shanghai, and Singapore. Smaato’s employees (better known as Smaaties) represent 45 unique nationalities. You know you will fit in at Smaato if you are passionate about mobile technology and want to work on a product that influences the daily lives of people around the world.
Interested? Learn more at smaato.com.
Smaato provides mobile app developers with SDKs that help them adding advertisements from the Smaato network. These SDKs are connected via APIs to the Smaato backend in order to transfer relevant data and request advertisements to show these on mobile apps. The focus here is the highest possible user experience, reliability and low resource consumption. The iOS SDK Engineer will be responsible for adding new features to the SDKs, maintaining the related apps, and starting new initiatives.
You can expect a very international team of Engineers who are based in Berlin and Hamburg. As part of our self-organizing Scrum teams you'd be structuring 2-weeks-sprints following iterative methods. Our team sizes vary between 4 and 7 Engineers. The hierarchies are set efficiently and the management style can be called hands-off; in other words, you are trusted to manage your own work.
What You'll Do
- Adopt new, interactive advertising formats
- Create sample applications for our demand and supply partners
- Develop internal applications to test the SDK
- Implementation of UI and integration tests by working closely with QA
- iOS development under the Scrum framework
- Ensure the support of the latest mobile devices
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Min. 3 years of experience developing mobile applications for iOS using Objective-C and Swift
- Experience in XCode Instruments for profiling leaks, allocation, energy etc. as well as in developing Frameworks/Libraries for iOS platforms
- Knowledge in test-driven development
- Experience in AdTech and developing SDK's for other platforms would be a plus
- Full business proficiency in English
- Familiar to work in an Agile environment (nice to have)
Smaato’s modern Hamburg office offers an incredible 360° view over Hamburg’s city center and harbor, and is decorated with lounges, relax, and gaming rooms, including Foosball tables, PS4 consoles and guitar hero. In this office, we conduct in-house hackathons, in which everyone can participate!
Our unique and diverse company culture is shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline. Our employees’ loyalty, efforts, and commitment, we reward with numerous incentive and training programs, career development opportunities, regular team events, fresh fruit & snacks, quarterly massages, and fun activities.
Despite our growth over the past decade, we maintained flat hierarchies and short decision paths - much like in our start-up time. We have introduced flexible working hours, a home office regulation, and other work-life-balance options.
The salaries are market competitive and in addition we offer benefits such as a company pension plan and the HVV ProfiTicket (public transit ticket for Hamburg) or equivalent.
A Buddy-Program offers new employees from abroad assistance for their start in a new country.