Senior Android SDK Engineer (m/f/d)
- Hamburg, Germany
Smaato’s core mission is to keep apps free. We accomplish this by connecting mobile publishers with top advertisers worldwide, reaching over one billion unique mobile users each month. As the leading global real-time mobile advertising platform, we are constantly expanding our global reach via new advertising channels and formats.
With global headquarters in San Francisco, California and additional offices in Berlin, Hamburg, New York City, Shanghai, and Singapore, Smaato’s employees (better known as Smaaties) represent 45 unique nationalities. You know you are a fit to Smaato if you are passionate about mobile and want to work on a product that influences daily life globally.
Interested? Learn more at smaato.com.
Smaato provides mobile app developers with SDKs that help them adding advertisements from the Smaato network. These SDKs are connected via APIs to the Smaato backend in order to transfer relevant data and request advertisements to show these on mobile Apps. The focus here is the highest possible user experience, reliability and low resource consumption.
The Senior Android SDK Developer will be responsible for adding new features to the SDKs, maintaining the related apps, and starting new initiatives.
You can expect a very international team of Engineers who are based in Berlin and Hamburg. As part of our self-organizing Scrum teams you'd be structuring 2-weeks-sprints following iterative methods. Our team sizes vary between 4 and 7 Developers. The hierarchies are set efficiently and the management style can be called hands-off; in other words, you are trusted to manage your own work.
What You'll Do
- Adopting new interactive advertising formats
- Creating sample applications for our demand and supply partner
- Developing internal applications for Smaato to test the SDK
- Android development under Scrum
- Ensuring the support of the latest mobile devices
- University degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field
- Excellent knowledge in developing mobile applications for Android using Java
- Knowledge of the appropriate software development tools
- Self-motivated to develop professionally and personally
- Full business proficiency in English
- Experience in developing SDK/Frameworks/Libraries for Android platform
- Familiar to work in an Agile environment (SCRUM)
- Understanding of TDD
- Experience with Mockito and Robolectric libraries for unit tests
- Experience with scripting on Gradle, Jenkins
- Knowledge of UIAutomator/Espresso
- Previous experience in Ad-Tech industry would be beneficial
Smaato’s modern Hamburg office offers an incredible 360° view over Hamburg’s city center and harbor, and is decorated with lounges, relax, and gaming rooms, including Foosball tables, PS4 consoles and guitar hero. In this office, we conduct in-house hackathons, in which everyone can participate!
Our unique and diverse company culture is shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline. Our employees’ loyalty, efforts, and commitment, we reward with numerous incentive and training programs, career development opportunities, regular team events, fresh fruit & snacks, quarterly massages, and fun activities.
Despite our growth over the past decade, we maintained flat hierarchies and short decision paths - much like in our start-up time. We have introduced flexible working hours, a home office regulation, and other work-life-balance options.
The salaries are market competitive and in addition we offer benefits such as a company pension plan and the HVV ProfiCard (public transit ticket for Hamburg) or equivalent.
A Buddy-Program offers new employees from abroad assistance for their start in a new country.