Solutions / Sales Engineer APAC
Smaato is the leading global real-time mobile advertising platform, connecting 10,000+ advertisers — including 91 of the Top 100 Ad Age brands — with over 90,000 app developers and mobile web publishers. Smaato manages up to 19 billion mobile ad impressions daily and reaches over one billion unique mobile users monthly.
Founded in 2005 by mobile pioneers Ragnar Kruse and Petra Vorsteher, Smaato has global headquarters in San Francisco, California, with additional offices in Berlin, Hamburg, New York City, Shanghai, and Singapore.
Smaato’s Sales Engineering team is the interface between our most valued clients and everything technical of our platform. Focused on the growth and retention of these high profile clients, this team's efforts are highly visible within the company. The team helps new prospects to understand the technology and the nuances of our products, makes sure the technical integration is feasible, works smoothly and is done in the best possible fashion. Being the mastermind for technical challenges that need investigation the team also ensures ongoing technical health of existing clients, supports rolling out new products and stays in sync with the product team to ensure they build the right things for our clients.
As a Sales Engineer at Smaato you have a deep understanding of the product and the technical background. You are also a great communicator and work with your counterparts on the client side on a daily basis. Your main goal is the client's success and to leverage your creativity and technical expertise by identifying technical challenges and their solutions.
- Ensure success of our key clients from a technological perspective
- Find the best way to technically integrate our products and develop solutions for complex integrations in cooperation with our clients
- Manage, understand and convey clients' requirements to product management and engineering teams
- Liaise closely with the sales and account management teams as the technical expert and participate in developing and presenting strategic sales proposals
- Handle issues reported by clients and internal teams including verifying the issue, isolating and diagnosing the problem and developing solutions where possible
- Coordinate the solution of identified issues with our clients, product management and engineering teams
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations and produce support materials such as guides and documentation
- You have gained at least a few years of experience as Solutions Engineer, Product Support Engineer, Mobile Web/App Developer, Technical Consultant or a similar job with a strong technical background
- Thorough experience in web technologies are expected, mobile app technologies are strongly preferred
- Robust understanding of ad-tech ecosystem with granular understanding of Real-Time Bidding (RTB), Supply-Side Platforms (SSP), Demand-Side Platforms (DSP) and ad exchanges/networks is an advantage
- Experience in Android and iOS debugging and development is a plus
- You have a curious and proactive mindset as well as a customer-oriented attitude
- Whilst you are a great team player you have the ability to work independently
- Persistence as well as creativity to get to the bottom of complicated, inconsistent technical issues completes your profile
- A technical university degree in e.g. Computer Science is desired
- Business proficient English skills are required
- Unique and diverse company culture, shaped by people with commitment and sense of responsibility
- Competitive salary and incentive program
- Comprehensive health care
- Public commute benefit
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Regular team activities and events
- An incredible office space with 360° view of Marina Bay, with spacious lounge filled with refreshments and weekly Monday lunch is provided
If you have what we are looking for and enjoy working in a fast-paced technology based environment, we are interested in hearing from you. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.