Senior Manager, Sales Engineering, APAC
Smaato is the leading global real-time mobile advertising platform, connecting 10,000+ advertisers — including 91 of the Top 100 Ad Age brands — with over 90,000 app developers and mobile web publishers. Smaato manages up to 19 billion mobile ad impressions daily and reaches over one billion unique mobile users monthly.
Founded in 2005 by mobile pioneers Ragnar Kruse and Petra Vorsteher, Smaato has global headquarters in San Francisco, California, with additional offices in Berlin, Hamburg, New York City, Shanghai, and Singapore.
We are looking for an independent individual to work in our Sales Operations - APAC team. A Senior Sales Engineering Manager is responsible for delivering effective pre-sale & post-sale support across the region, leading the team of Sales Engineers, providing guidance, sharing knowledge and performing control over execution for Sales Engineers Team, as well as acting as individual contributor for strategic opportunities development in the region. Good Senior Sales Engineering Managers will have a broad remit for growth in leading a team of Sale Engineers to support the sales team in driving and meeting revenue goals and act as an instrument in supporting new business development and growing of existing markets shares.
The Senior Sales Engineering Manager will report to Director, Sales Engineering. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in a fun and fast paced energetic environment with immense growth potential of mobile marketing.
- Serve as technical subject matter expert for our product, and assist the Sales team with developing and presenting strategic sales proposals and solutions
- Oversee and manage all technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses
- Work with external partners to find the best way to technically integrate our products & APIs into their systems and help them with any obstacles they may encounter
- Work closely with Product Management teams to maintain an in-depth understanding of the technology and its application to client prospect needs
- Effectively communicate client needs to the Product Management teams for future product enhancements
- Investigate issues reported by our clients or internal teams and explore irregularities found through monitoring system and tools.
- Assist Sales Managers with prospective clients that require custom technical solutions.
- Collaborate with our partners, internal engineering and product teams to gather requirements, determine feasibility, timelines and costs for custom development solutions
- Liaise with Sales teams to ensure successful post sales transition based on any discussions or requirements captured during the sales cycle
- Lead technical development and delivery of product demonstrations and producing support materials for other members and clients
- Be a product evangelist of Smaato’s products
- Take charge of our systems in order to monitor our platform from the functional side, monitor fraud levels and other KPIs
- Communicate any serious issues to internal and external stakeholders and keep them updated on their resolution
- Provide technical and business leadership to local Sales Engineering team
- Execute win/ loss analysis and take reactive and proactive approach to increase business success rate
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency in Python, PHP, and Java are a plus
- Experience in Unix/Shell Scripts Strong working knowledge of relational database
- Hands on experience with iOS and Android development is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of internet technologies
- Strong knowledge of data structures, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
- With at least 7 years experience as Developer, Product Manager, Product Support Engineer
- Experience in leading a small team
- With experience supporting and servicing clients using advertising products and technology
- Having robust understanding of ad-tech ecosystem with granular understanding of Real-Time Bidding (RTB) and Supply-Side Platform (SSP), Demand-Side Platform (DSP), ad exchanges, networks business can be an advantage
- For candidates with at least 5 years experience can be considered for more junior role
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both in spoken and written
- Ability to plan macro and work micro
- Self-motivated individual
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Persistency as well as creativity to get to the bottom of complicated, inconsistent technical issues
- Unique and diverse company culture, shaped by people with commitment and sense of responsibility
- Competitive salary and incentive program
- Comprehensive health care
- Public commute benefit
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Regular team activities and events
- An incredible office space with 360° view of Marina Bay, with spacious lounge filled with refreshments and weekly Monday lunch is provided
If you have what we are looking for and enjoy working in a fast-paced technology based environment, we are interested in hearing from you. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
If you want to join us, apply here today!