QA Engineer f/m
- Hamburg, Germany
Smaato is the leading global real-time mobile advertising platform, connecting 10,000+ advertisers –including 91 of the Top 100 Ad Age brands – with over 90,000 app developers and mobile web publishers. Smaato manages up to 10 billion mobile ad impressions daily and reaches over 1 billion unique mobile users monthly.
Founded in 2005 by mobile pioneers Ragnar Kruse and Petra Vorsteher, Smaato has global headquarters in San Francisco, California, with additional regional headquarters in Hamburg, Germany, and Singapore.
We are expanding our QA team due to the growth and demand within our industry. This is an opportunity to work for a leading company in the ad tech space providing an innovative platform product that will change the way the next generation understands advertising!
Experience and passion about software development as well as a willingness to take ownership of QA activities in our software development process, are highly necessary. The QA Engineer is a hands on technologist and innovator who brings passionate inquisitiveness, primary research, and forward thinking to every assignment. Our ideal candidate is eager to contribute their quality view to our daily development life cycle and to coordinate QA activities across teams.
About your tasks:
- You'll be working as part of the development teams and collaborate closely with the associated product owners
- Test automation as a member of our scrum teams
- You'll take ownership of delivering high quality products with reproducible result and express your passion for details in breaking things to reveal errors
- Enforce QA and testing among the teams
- Coordinate QA topics with QA Engineers from other teams
- Review user stories / acceptance criteria and support in ticket grooming
- Create test-plans and reports
- Documenting your results using JIRA and Confluence
- Hands-on experience in automated testing, continuous integration, front-end and back-end e2e testing
- Expertise in quality assurance and software development
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Selenium (or similar), JMeter, or Gatling
- Experience with Amazon Web Services products and services
- Business fluent English skills
- Familiarity with the agile environment
- Excellent teamwork, independent decision making, and written/verbal communication skills
- Work experience in distributed, high-performance web applications would be advantageous
- You have a valid work permit for the German market
- A unique and diverse company culture, shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline.
- We reward this with numerous incentive programs, regular team events, fresh fruit in the office and fun activities.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths much like start-up environments.
- Competitive salary and incentive programs such as HVV Proficard (public transit ticket for Hamburg) or equivalent, company pension plan and variable, success-oriented compensation.
- Training programs and career development opportunities.
- A Buddy-Program that offers new employees from abroad assistance for their start in a new country.
- Flexible working hours and work-life-balance options.
- Quarterly massages, and regular company lunches.
- An incredible office space with 360° view of Hamburg City and Harbor, with lounges and gaming rooms with Foosball tables, PS4 consoles and more.