Solution Engineer f/m
- Hamburg, Germany
Smaato is the global real-time advertising platform for mobile publishers and app developers. Smaato runs the world’s largest independent mobile ad exchange and has been pioneering innovative, mobile-first solutions for publishers since 2005.
Smaato’s SPX is a global, intelligent, and free to use self-service platform built to solve the mobile monetization challenge for its over 90,000 mobile app developers and publishers. The company’s worldwide reach and extensive network of demand partners provides a massive inventory of advertisers with one single integration. Smaato manages up to 10 billion ads every day around the world, across over 1 billion mobile users each month.
Smaato’s Sales Engineering team is the interface between our most valued clients and everything technical of our platform. Focused on the growth and retention of these high profile clients, this team's efforts are highly visible within the company. The team helps new prospects to understand the technology and the nuances of our product, makes sure the technical integration works smoothly and is done in the best possible fashion. The team also ensures ongoing technical health of existing clients, supports rolling out new product features as well as products and stays in sync with the product team to ensure they build the right things for our clients.
As a Solution Engineer at Smaato you have a deep understanding of the product and the technical background. You are also a great communicator and work with your counterparts on the client side every day. Your main goal is the client's success and to leverage your creativity and technical expertise by identifying technical challenges and their solutions.
The key responsibilities include:
- Ensure success of our key clients from a technological perspective
- Develop solutions for complex integrations in cooperation with our clients
- Manage, understand and convey clients' requirements to product management and engineering teams
- Liaise with members of the sales and account management teams as the technical expert
- Handle issues reported by clients and internal teams including verifying the issue, isolating and diagnosing the problem and developing solutions where possible
- Coordinate the solution of identified issues with our clients, product management and engineering teams
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations and produce support materials such as guides and documentation
- 3+ years of experience as Solution Engineer, Product Support Engineer, Web Developer, Technical Consultant, Technical Product Manager or a similar job with a strong technical background
- Thorough understanding of web and mobile technologies, especially in mobile advertising
- Persistence as well as creativity to get to the bottom of complicated, inconsistent technical issues
- A curious and proactive mind set as well as a customer-oriented attitude
- Business proficient English skills
- Degree in computer science or a similar subject
- Fluent German skills
Perks of being a Smaatie
- A unique and diverse company culture, shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline.
- We reward this with numerous incentive programs, regular team events, fresh fruit in the office and fun activities.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths much like start-up environments.
- Competitive salary and incentive programs such as HVV Proficard (public transit ticket for Hamburg) or equivalent, company pension plan and variable, success-oriented compensation.
- Training programs and career development opportunities.
- A Buddy-Program that offers new employees from abroad assistance for their start in a new country.
- Flexible working hours and work-life-balance options.
- Quarterly massages, and regular company lunches.
- An incredible office space with 360° view of Hamburg City and Harbor, with lounges and gaming rooms with Foosball tables, PS4 consoles and more.