Sales Engineer - APAC
- Singapore, Singapore
Smaato is the leading global real-time mobile advertising platform, connecting 10,000+ advertisers – including 91 of the Top 100 Ad Age brands – with over 90,000 app developers and mobile web publishers. Smaato manages up to 10 billion mobile ad impressions daily and reaches over 1 billion unique mobile users monthly. Founded in 2005 by mobile pioneers Ragnar Kruse and Petra Vorsteher, Smaato has global headquarters in San Francisco, California, with additional regional headquarters in Hamburg, Germany, and Singapore. Learn more at www.smaato.com.
We are looking for an independent individual to work in our Operations - APAC team. A Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the field sales force. This involves in actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. Good Sales Engineers are able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete clients satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. In addition, establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
The Sales Engineer will report to Sales Engineering Manager. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in a fun and fast paced energetic environment with immense growth potential of mobile marketing.
- Serve as technical subject matter expert for our product, and assist the Sales team with developing and presenting strategic sales proposals and solutions
- Support the Sales team by managing all technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses
- Responds to functional and technical elements of RFP / RFI
- Work with external partners to find the best way to technically integrate our products & APIs into their systems and help them with any obstacles they may encounter
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Investigate issues reported by our clients or internal teams and explore irregularities you find by monitoring our system
- Effectively communicate clients’ requirements to Product Management teams by understanding of the technology and its application to client prospect needs
- Effectively communicate client needs to the Product Management teams for future product enhancements
- Investigate issues reported by our clients or internal teams and explore irregularities found through monitoring system and tools.
- Assist Sales Managers with prospective clients that require custom technical solutions.
- Collaborate with our partners, internal engineering and product teams to gather requirements, determine feasibility, timelines and costs for custom development solutions
- Liaise with Sales teams to ensure successful post sales transition based on any discussions or requirements captured during the sales cycle
- Provide technical development and delivery of product demonstrations and producing support materials for other members and clients
- Be a product evangelist of Smaato’s products
- Monitor our platform from the functional side and monitor fraud levels and other KPIs
- Communicate any serious issues to internal and external stakeholders and keep them updated on their resolution
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in MYSQL and HTML / PHP
- Experience in Unix/Shell Scripts
- With at least 2 years experience as Developer, Product Manager, Product Support Engineer
- With experience supporting and servicing clients using advertising products and technology
- Having prior understanding of ad-tech ecosystem with granular understanding of Real-Time Bidding (RTB) and Supply-Side Platform (SSP), Demand-Side Platform (DSP), ad exchanges, networks business can be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both in spoken and written
- Ability to plan macro and work micro
- Self-motivated individual
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Persistency as well as creativity to get to the bottom of complicated, inconsistent technical issues
- Competitive salary and incentive program
- Comprehensive health care
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Regular team activities and events
- A unique and diverse company culture, shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline
- Position is based in Singapore and candidate required a valid pass to work in Singapore
If you have what we are looking for and enjoy working in a fast-paced technology based environment, we are interested in hearing from you. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.