Vice President, Mobile Development f/m
- Hamburg, Germany
Smaato is the leading global real-time mobile advertising platform, connecting 10,000+ advertisers –including 91 of the Top 100 Ad Age brands – with over 90,000 app developers and mobile web publishers. Smaato manages up to 10 billion mobile ad impressions daily and reaches over 1 billion unique mobile users monthly.
Founded in 2005 by mobile pioneers Ragnar Kruse and Petra Vorsteher, Smaato has global headquarters in San Francisco, California, with additional regional headquarters in Hamburg, Germany, and Singapore.
We are a mobile only company, exclusively focusing on mobile publisher monetization, rapidly increasing our footprint and expanding our market leadership position.
Carrying the responsibility for our integration platform the Vice President, Mobile Development proves to be a technology visionary and architect who leads by example. You will not only lead the mission to double the team size in the following years but will play a significant part in driving the SDK platform to in-app advertising with a core focus on video. By operating on the heart of our eco-system you’re aiming to optimize the revenue stream of Smaato’s publishers and app developers.
The key responsibilities include:
- Set the technology vision for the platform, with in-depth understanding of the mobile app and SDK development echo-system, and the associated monetization echo-system.
- You lead the project to define and build the next generation and industry leading SDK platform and to significantly expand our integration platform team.
- You will drive the SDK development to an extent that attracts premium publishers and app developers to choose Smaato as monetization platform.
- Provide leadership for the Integration platform team by role modeling and sharing your own engineering experience and vision.
- You will manage multiple teams, across multiple locations as well as nearshore teams.
- Coordinate and plan the product roadmap and priorities with the product management team.
- Implement and drive automation of QA as part of a continuous deployment cycle.
- Play an active role in attracting and hiring talent.
- Provide guidance and be trusted by the engineering team for technology guidance.
- Drive the open-source SDK initiative.
- Lead customer obsession for the Integration platform.
- Review platform issues and bugs with the sales engineering team and clients.
- The client obsession one should be #3 in the list - good question to ask - example of client obsession in prior jobs.
- You have a proven track record in developing mobile apps or systems, ideally in the ad tech industry.
- You gathered presentable development achievements in the mobile industry.
- It’s not a must-have to still conduct hands-on development but you need to be able to review code, provide detailed guidance, and suggest technology alternatives.
- In-depth and proven track record of mobile app QA automation.
- Strong leadership experience with proven ability to work across functions and regions (co-located offices or near-/offshore).
- Be very comfortable in a strong agile culture with a maniacal focus on building a continuous integration and continuous deployment cycle.
- Ability to withstand the heat in a fast paced environment with multiple concurrent tracks and changes.
- Implicitly understand the SDLC for mobile app / mobile SDK developers and deployment / adoption by users.
- Experience with open source SDK development is a huge plus, as is establishing a developer community surrounding an app or SDK.
Perks of being a Smaatie
- A unique and diverse company culture, shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline.
- We reward this with numerous incentive programs, regular team events, fresh fruit in the office and fun activities.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths much like start-up environments.
- Competitive salary and incentive programs such as HVV Proficard (public transit ticket for Hamburg) or equivalent, company pension plan and variable, success-oriented compensation.
- Training programs and career development opportunities.
- A Buddy-Program that offers new employees from abroad assistance for their start in a new country.
- Flexible working hours and work-life-balance options.
- Quarterly massages, and regular company lunches.
- An incredible office space with 360° view of Hamburg City and Harbor, with lounges and gaming rooms with Foosball tables, PS4 consoles and more.