Junior Sales Engineer
- New York, NY
Smaato is the leading global real-time mobile advertising platform, connecting 10,000+ advertisers – including 91 of the Top 100 Ad Age brands – with over 90,000 app developers and mobile web publishers. Smaato manages up to 10 billion mobile ad impressions daily and reaches over 1 billion unique mobile users monthly.
Founded in 2005 by mobile pioneers Ragnar Kruse and Petra Vorsteher, Smaato has global headquarters in San Francisco, California, with additional regional headquarters in Hamburg, Germany, and Singapore.
The number one rule in the Sales Engineering (sales support) department is great customer service. Sales Engineers will be engaging with customers on a daily basis on the Smaato SPX platform and answering any questions they have on the product/troubleshooting any issues that arise. Members of the sales engineering team display professional expertise, enthusiasm and a friendly disposition while solving complex problems.
- Liaising with other members of the sales/account management teams and acting as technical experts.
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations and producing support materials for other members and clients.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams.
- Developing long-term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Investigate issues reported by our clients or internal teams and explore irregularities you find by monitoring our system.
- Use a variety of tools, e.g. log analysis, SQL queries.
- Coordinate the solution of identified issues with our partners, internal engineering and product teams.
- Communicate any serious issues to internal and external stakeholders and keep them updated on their resolution.
- Take charge of our systems in order to monitor our platform from the functional side, monitor fraud levels and other KPIs.
- Work with external partners to find the best way to technically integrate our products & APIs into their systems and help them with any obstacles they may encounter.
- 1-3 years of work experience as in a technical support role such as: Sales Engineer, Product Support Engineer, Solutions Engineer, or a similar position with a technical background.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- A thorough understanding of web and mobile technologies, especially in mobile advertising.
- Persistent when troubleshooting and solving complicated technical issues.
- Possesses ability to think outside of the box and creatively.
- A curious and proactive mindset as well as a customer-oriented attitude.
- Excellent written and spoken and communication skills in English.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in knowledge of technology.
Perks of being a Smaatie:
- A unique and diverse company culture, shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline. We reward this with numerous incentive programs, regular team events, fresh fruit, snacks, drinks and meals in the office and fun activities.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths much like start-up environments
- Competitive salaries and generous benefits package including 100% employer paid health, dental, life and vision insurance, public commuter cost reimbursement, fsa, hsa, 401(k) plan. 21 days paid vacation and sick time, 2 paid floating holidays, 9 paid holidays and employee discount and supplemental benefit options through ADP.
- Training programs and career development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours and work-life-balance options.
- Wellness program and fitness reimbursement credit.
- Weekly catered breakfasts and lunches as well as summer/winter company wide parties
- Working in a beautiful, modern and sophisticated office located in the iconic Empire State Building.
Be part of an empowered, innovative Smaato team changing the mobile world, and send us your application now!