Junior Sales Engineer
- New York, NY
Smaato is the global real-time advertising platform for mobile publishers and app developers. Smaato runs the world’s largest independent mobile ad exchange and has been pioneering innovative, mobile-first solutions for publishers since 2005.
Smaato’s SPX is a global, intelligent, and free to use self-service platform built to solve the mobile monetization challenge for its over 90,000 mobile app developers and publishers. The company’s worldwide reach and extensive network of demand partners provides a massive inventory of advertisers with one single integration. Smaato manages up to 10 billion ads every day around the world, across over 1 billion mobile users each month.
The number one rule in the Sales Engineering (sales support) department is great customer service. Sales Engineers will be engaging with customers on a daily basis on the Smaato SPX platform and answering any questions they have on the product/troubleshooting any issues that arise. Members of the sales engineering team display professional expertise, enthusiasm and a friendly disposition while solving complex problems.
- Liaising with other members of the sales/account management teams and acting as technical experts.
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations and producing support materials for other members and clients.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams.
- Developing long-term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Investigate issues reported by our clients or internal teams and explore irregularities you find by monitoring our system.
- Use a variety of tools, e.g. log analysis, SQL queries.
- Coordinate the solution of identified issues with our partners, internal engineering and product teams.
- Communicate any serious issues to internal and external stakeholders and keep them updated on their resolution.
- Take charge of our systems in order to monitor our platform from the functional side, monitor fraud levels and other KPIs.
- Work with external partners to find the best way to technically integrate our products & APIs into their systems and help them with any obstacles they may encounter.
- 1-3 years of work experience as in a technical support role such as: Sales Engineer, Product Support Engineer, Solutions Engineer, or a similar position with a technical background.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- A thorough understanding of web and mobile technologies, especially in mobile advertising.
- Persistent when troubleshooting and solving complicated technical issues.
- Possesses ability to think outside of the box and creatively.
- A curious and proactive mindset as well as a customer-oriented attitude.
- Excellent written and spoken and communication skills in English.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in knowledge of technology.
Perks of being a Smaatie:
- A unique and diverse company culture, shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline. We reward this with numerous incentive programs, regular team events, fresh fruit, snacks, drinks and meals in the office and fun activities.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths much like start-up environments
- Competitive salaries and generous benefits package including 100% employer paid health, dental, life and vision insurance, public commuter cost reimbursement, fsa, hsa, 401(k) plan. 21 days paid vacation and sick time, 2 paid floating holidays, 9 paid holidays and employee discount and supplemental benefit options through ADP.
- Training programs and career development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours and work-life-balance options.
- Wellness program and fitness reimbursement credit.
- Weekly catered breakfasts and lunches as well as summer/winter company wide parties
- Working in a beautiful, modern and sophisticated office located in the iconic Empire State Building.
Be part of an empowered, innovative Smaato team changing the mobile world, and send us your application now!