Call Center Representative
- 365 Barfield Lane, Indianapolis, Indiana, us
Slim Line Case Company, originally Samson Brothers, was founded by George Payton Samson in Rochester, NY in 1926. George took his hobby and passion for creating leather goods into a successful profession. His custom crafted wallets and key cases, including the first patented zip around key case, were sold in department stores nationwide. He spent the next 30 years expanding his products and growing new territories.
Today Slim Line Case Company is proud to be a 90-year-old family owned and operated business that is run by George Payton Samson's granddaughter, Andrea (Andy) Thomas Coulter. With the help of her loving parents, Bette Samson Thomas and George Terry Thomas, Slim Line Case Company specializes in leather products for federal, state and local agencies. A few of our loyal federal and state agencies we are happy to service include US Army, Department of Defense, Defense Intelligence Agency, Department of Corrections, Bureau of Prisons and New York State Police.
We are looking for a friendly and hard-working customer service associate to join our growing team. The individual in this role is be responsible for answering all incoming calls and emails, fielding customer questions and complaints, and transferring potential leads to our sales team.
Candidates should have an outgoing and positive demeanor, a motivated, energetic work ethic, and have a track record of working well with others in a team environment.
- Field incoming calls in a timely manner throughout shift
- Identify customer questions, complaints, concerns, and overall needs
- Provide sufficient answers and solutions to all customer queries
- Handle customer complaints respectfully and professionally
- Redirect customers to appropriate departments and teams when appropriate
- Generate leads for sales team by screening callers and identifying potential sales opportunities
- Ensure all voicemails are answered immediately
- Maintain professional relationships with customers through ongoing excellent customer service
- Follow up with callers on complaint/question status, ensure resolution
- Collaborate with call center team members, sales team members, and other company departments to ensure overall customer and product satisfaction
- Meet or exceed call quotas and sales assist quotas, both personally and as a team unit
- Follow all communication procedures, policies, and guidelines during every customer interaction
- Perform duties and responsibilities with our customers’ satisfaction as your number one priority
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Customer service experience prefered
- Familiarity with CRM systems a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong phone skills i.e. diction, active listening
- Ability to communicate and interact with a variety of people, both externally with customers and internally with company team members and other departments
- Time management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Outgoing, friendly, compassionate personality
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.