- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Province: Alberta
At Sleep Country Canada/ Dormez-Vous? We are passionate about all things sleep. We are a proud Canadian brand and sleep destination for all! We want to help all Canadians get a better night’s sleep.
Our Distribution Center (DC) associates play a major role in making sure each and every purchase ends in a happy face! As a Warehouse Associate, you will play a major role in supporting an industry leading operation and team. We love our employees as much as our customers; which, is why we can guarantee you will feel challenged and at home each and every day!
Working at Sleep Country Canada (SCC) is more than just a job; it is your opportunity to realize your full potential! We trust you to make the right decisions- you will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference to your team, the customer experience, and the growth of our business all while working in a fun work environment.
- Breakdown and palletize containers accurately and efficiently.
- Pick and pack orders for shipping to our distribution centers across the country
- Complete inventory counts with Supervisor
- Inspect inventory for defects or damages and document, as required
- Use RF (Radio Frequency) Scanner to scan products and items into WMS system
- Adhere to all health and safety procedures and regulations and maintain a clean working environment
- Work with management to ensure that key objectives are achieved
- Operate forklifts and other material handling equipment, as required
Do YOU Have?
- High School Diploma
- Ability to lift a minimum of 88 lbs. (40 kg's)
- Ability to work in a physical demanding fast paced environment
- Experience in warehouse environment and knowledge of warehouse management systems would be a definite asset
- Any experience with material handling equipment (ie., forklift, pallet truck, order picker, walkie, reach truck, etc…) is an asset
- Experience with RF (Radio Frequency) Scanner is a definite asset
- Computer Knowledge and Skills is a definite asset
- This is not just a job but a Career with many opportunities for growth and advancement
- We are the proud winners of:
- Great Place to Work
- Great Place to work for Millennials
- Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality
- Great Place to work for Giving Back
- Robust Medical & Dental Benefits, Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- Performance Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement Program that covers professional AND personal development (yes, you can get reimbursed for your scuba diving classes!)
- Associate Discount Program
- Fitness Subsidy
- Associate Referral Program
- Day off for Charity
- Regular social events (we work hard and play hard!!!)
- Yearly Footwear and/or Uniform Allowance