- Quebec City, QC, Canada
- Province: Quebec
At Sleep Country Canada/ Dormez-Vous? We are passionate about all things sleep. We are a proud Canadian brand and sleep destination for all! We want to help all Canadians get a better night’s sleep.
Our Distribution Center (DC) associates play a major role in making sure each and every purchase ends in a happy face! As a DC Coordinator, you will play a major role in supporting an industry leading operation and team. We love our employees as much as our customers; which, is why we can guarantee you will feel challenged and at home each and every day!
Working at Sleep Country Canada (SCC) is more than just a job; it is your opportunity to realize your full potential! We trust you to make the right decisions- you will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference to your team, the customer experience, and the growth of our business all while working in a fun work environment.
- Be responsible for ensuring DC is resourced and trained to meet the work demands of the sales region that it supports
- Be responsible for all aspects of performance management, training and development of the distribution centre
- Provide second level of support for all delivery/warehouse Associates and work on the floor when necessary
- Support and review tracking of KPI's and awards program
- Oversee the administrative duties for all hourly associates at the DC (Vacation request, personal days, etc.)
- Be responsible for writing and approving performance evaluations and develop plans
- Ensure that all health and safety requirements (policies, guidelines, PPE, etc.) are followed and maintained in the DC.
- Ensure the security and protection of Company assets (inventory, fixed assets, etc.) within the DC
- Support senior management with monthly reviews of your business and facilitating weekly/monthly meetings, AOS etc.
- Ensure the completion of orientation of new hires
- Coach and develop hourly associates to meet organizational and personal goals
- Plan, organize and achieve goals independently or as part of a team
- Lead change and create/support innovation
- Work with tight deadlines to meet multiple priorities
Do you have?
- A college diploma in a related field? A university degree or post graduate certificates are considered an asset!
- Experience in a warehouse/distribution would be an asset!
- Inventory knowledge/experience including the RTV process
- Strong communication skills with the ability to diffuse and resolve conflict constructively with internal and external customers/department
Are you able to?
- Plan, keep track of and approve expenses
- Concentrate while working on multiple projects or assignments and interacting with other members of management, associates, customers and vendors
- Travel from time to time
- Have as much passion for management as we have for sleep?!
This position offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience
Work evenings and weekends.
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority, and persons with a disability.