- Dartmouth, NS, Canada
- Province: Nova Scotia
At Sleep Country Canada/ Dormez-Vous? We are passionate about all things sleep. We are a proud Canadian brand and sleep destination for all! We want to help all Canadians get a better night’s sleep.
Our Distribution Center (DC) associates play a major role in making sure each and every purchase ends in a happy face! As a DC Coordinator, you will play a major role in supporting an industry leading operation and team. We love our employees as much as our customers; which, is why we can guarantee you will feel challenged and at home each and every day!
Working at Sleep Country Canada (SCC) is more than just a job; it is your opportunity to realize your full potential! We trust you to make the right decisions- you will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference to your team, the customer experience, and the growth of our business all while working in a fun work environment.
Why work for us:
- This is not a job but a career
- We are the proud winners of:
- 2018 Great Place to Work
- 2018 Great Place to work for Millennials
- 2019 Great Place To Work
- 2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality
- 2019 Great Place to work for Giving Back
- Mentoring and continuous talent development
- Robust Medical & Dental Benefits
- We will invest in you and train you
- You will have Access to and Education Fund
- We will provide you with a Tuition reimbursement program that covers professional AND personal development (yes, it means that you can get reimbursed for your scuba diving classes!)
- We provide a Fitness Subsidy
- Regular social events (we work hard and play hard)
The distribution centre is open from Tuesday to Sunday. This position will require a rotation of shifts that include days, afternoons, evenings (until about 9 pm) as well as weekends. The position is a split of 50% office duties and 50% general warehouse labour.
- Responsible for inventory management, returns to vendors, transferring orders. from internal order management to transport system, delivery route preparation, and make any necessary adjustments.
- Assist with shipping, receiving, picking, and transfers.
- Manage overall department process such as facilitating weekly/monthly meetings, communication debriefings, transfer of products and fleet (5 ton trucks) as required of Associates to meet organization and personal goals
- Work closely in supporting other team members and overall delivery operations to ensure accuracy.
- Run reports and manage store transfers and manager building manifests
- Provide customer service and support to customers, sales and delivery teams by responding to store e-mails and incoming calls.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvement to management and implement any approved changes.
- Familiar and comfortable working in a warehouse setting as this is 50% of the position.
- Able to work independently and experienced in a warehouse environment.
- Comfortable with working morning / afternoon shifts and weekends.
Do you have?
- A post-secondary degree or certificate in logistics is a definite asset.
- Must have at least 2 years experience within a supervisory capacity and inventory management within a warehouse environment; transportation knowledge would be an asset.
- Knowledge in creating, executing and analyzing inventory counts, receiving, picking and shipping (unloading, inspecting goods, picking through scanners), and delivery processes.
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority, and persons with a disability.