- Cobourg, ON, Canada
- Province: Ontario
At Sleep Country Canada/ Dormez-Vous? We are passionate about all things sleep. We are a proud Canadian brand and sleep destination for all! We want to help all Canadians get a better night’s sleep.
Our Distribution Center (DC) associates play a major role in making sure each and every purchase ends in a happy face! As a DC Supervisor, you will play a major role in supporting an industry leading operation and team. We love our employees as much as our customers; which, is why we can guarantee you will feel challenged and at home each and every day!
Working at Sleep Country Canada (SCC) is more than just a job; it is your opportunity to realize your full potential! We trust you to make the right decisions- you will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference to your team, the customer experience, and the growth of our business all while working in a fun work environment.
Why work for us:
- This is not a job but a career
- We are the proud winners of:
- 2018 Great Place to Work
- 2018 Great Place to work for Millennials
- 2019 Great Place To Work
- 2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality
- 2019 Great Place to work for Giving Back
- Mentoring and continuous talent development
- Robust Medical & Dental Benefits
- We will invest in you and train you
- You will have Access to and Education Fund
- We will provide you with a Tuition reimbursement program that covers professional AND personal development (yes, it means that you can get reimbursed for your scuba diving classes!)
- We provide a Fitness Subsidy
- Regular social events (we work hard and play hard)
- Provide day to day supervision of the work in the distribution center
- Ensure your work force is trained to meet the work demands of the distribution center
- Be responsible for all aspects of performance management, staffing, training and development of their assigned workforce
- Coach and develop associates to meet organizational and personal goals
- Handle all administrative duties for all hourly associates (vacation request, personal day, PIP’s etc.)
- Manage overall department process such as debriefing processes, transfers and fleet (5 ton trucks) as required
- Work closely in supporting other supervisors and overall delivery operations
- Supervise loading dock, yard and transfers
- Run reports, route, take care of store transfers & manager building manifests,
- Provide customer service and support to customers, sales and delivery teams by responding to store e-mails and incoming telephone calls
- Facilitate weekly/monthly meetings, KBP, AOS etc.
Do you have?
- A post-secondary degree or certificate in logistics. This is considered an asset.
- 2 to 3 years of previous experience in a warehouse/delivery environment or in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge and understanding of provincial transportation rules and policies (i.e. log books, trip inspections, checking them over making sure they are correct and up to date, etc.)
Are you able to?
- Effectively provide coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Work on a flexible schedule – 7 day operations where days off might not be on the weekend
- Provide leadership, coaching and ongoing progress improvement to all associates
- Be a leader and motivate workers through greater teaching methods and demonstration
- Liaise and maintain relations with external vendors, clients, customers, etc. in a respectful way at all times
If you're the successful candidate asked to join our team, we'll pay you a competitive salary commensurate with experience!
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority, and persons with a disability.