- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Province: Ontario
At Sleep Country Canada/ Dormez-Vous? We are passionate about all things sleep. We are a proud Canadian brand and sleep destination for all! We want to help all Canadians get a better night’s sleep.
Our Distribution Center (DC) associates play a major role in making sure each and every purchase ends in a happy face! As a DC Coordinator, you will play a major role in supporting an industry leading operation and team. We love our employees as much as our customers; which, is why we can guarantee you will feel challenged and at home each and every day!
Working at Sleep Country Canada (SCC) is more than just a job; it is your opportunity to realize your full potential! We trust you to make the right decisions- you will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference to your team, the customer experience, and the growth of our business all while working in a fun work environment.
Why work for us:
- This is not a job but a career
- We are the proud winners of:
- 2018 Great Place to Work
- 2018 Great Place to work for Millennials
- 2019 Great Place To Work
- 2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality
- 2019 Great Place to work for Giving Back
- Mentoring and continuous talent development
- Robust Medical & Dental Benefits
- We will invest in you and train you
- You will have Access to and Education Fund
- We will provide you with a Tuition reimbursement program that covers professional AND personal development (yes, it means that you can get reimbursed for your scuba diving classes!)
- We provide a Fitness Subsidy
- Regular social events (we work hard and play hard)
- Be responsible for ensuring DC is resourced and trained to meet the work demands of the sales region that it supports
- Be responsible for all aspects of performance management, staffing, training and development of the distribution centre
- Act as liaison representing the delivery department to all other departments and work together with them to enhance communication and understanding to solve problems and increase productivity, efficiency and improve relationships
- Provide second level of support for all delivery/warehouse Associates in any and all issues as necessary
- Be responsible for diffusing and resolving conflicts constructively
- Support and review tracking of KPI's and awards program
- Oversee the administrative duties for all salary and hourly associates at the DC (Vacation request, personal days, PIP's etc.)
- Be responsible for writing and approving performance evaluations and develop plans
- Ensure that all health and safety requirements (policies, guidelines, PPE, etc.) are followed and maintained in the DC.
- Ensure the security and protection of Company assets (inventory, fixed assets, etc.) within the DC
- Support senior management with monthly reviews of your business and facilitating weekly/monthly meetings, AOS etc.
- Oversee the approval time keeping system that encompasses all hourly associates
- Source, final interviewing and recommendations of new hires
- Ensure that completion of orientation of new hires
- Effectively lead, coach, mentor, train and performance management of the DC management team
- Coach and develop management team and hourly associates to meet organizational and personal goals
- Plan, organize and achieve goals independently or as part of a team
- Lead change and create/support innovation
- Effectively become knowledgeable of Sleep Country Canada's systems and policies
- Work with tight deadlines to meet multiple priorities
Do you have?
- A college diploma in a related field? A university degree or post graduate certificates are considered an asset!
- 2 to 4 years of previous experience in a supervisory/management role is preferred
- Knowledgeable of annual department budgeting with ability to establish, monitor, report and authorize expenditures
- Knowledge and understanding provincial transportation rules and policies is required (ex. log books, trip inspections, checking them over making sure they are correct and up to date, etc.)
- Inventory knowledge/experience including the RTV process
- Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset. Parlez-vous franais? That would be a huge plus!
Are you able to?
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to diffuse and resolve conflict constructively with internal and external customers/department
- Ability to concentrate while working on multiple projects or assignments and interacting with other members of management, associates, customers and vendors
- Travel from time to time
- Love managing as much as we love sleep!?!
This position offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority, and persons with a disability.