Full-Time Warehouse Associate
- Richmond, BC, Canada
- Province: British Columbia
At Sleep Country Canada/ Dormez-Vous? We are passionate about all things sleep. We are a proud Canadian brand and sleep destination for all! We want to help all Canadians get a better night’s sleep.
Our Distribution Center (DC) associates play a major role in making sure each and every purchase ends in a happy face! As a Warehouse Associate, you will play a major role in supporting an industry leading operation and team. We love our employees as much as our customers; which, is why we can guarantee you will feel challenged and at home each and every day!
Working at Sleep Country Canada (SCC) is more than just a job; it is your opportunity to realize your full potential! We trust you to make the right decisions- you will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference to your team, the customer experience, and the growth of our business all while working in a fun work environment.
Why work for us:
- This is not a job but a career
- We are the proud winners of:
- 2018 Great Place to Work
- 2018 Great Place to work for Millennials
- 2019 Great Place To Work
- 2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality
- 2019 Great Place to work for Giving Back
- Mentoring and continuous talent development
- Robust Medical & Dental Benefits
- We will invest in you and train you
- You will have Access to and Education Fund
- We will provide you with a Tuition reimbursement program that covers professional AND personal development (yes, it means that you can get reimbursed for your scuba diving classes!)
- We provide a Fitness Subsidy
- Regular social events (we work hard and play hard)
- Conduct delivery picks?
- Complete full inventory counts with the supervisor?
- Promise to leave work the way you came in!? This means following all required health and safety procedures! Safety always comes first!
- Be a neat freak? Cleanliness is the key!
- Work weekends and extra hours in the summer Work closely with the Local Business Team(s) to improve cross-departmental communication, achieve the region(s) business plans, solve problems, increase productivity, improve efficiency and build relationships?
Do you have?
- A high school diploma?
- Experience working within a warehouse or delivery capacity? This is considered an asset, so it's not mandatory!
- Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset. Parlez-vous français? That would be a huge plus!
Are you able to?
- Lift a minimum of 88 lbs (40 kg's)?
- Be flexible- our schedule requires it!
- Think quickly and tackle problems on your own!
- Love our customers as much as we love sleep!?!
We are offering a starting wage of $17.95 for this position!
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority, and persons with a disability.