- Brampton, ON, Canada
- Province: Ontario
At Sleep Country Canada/ Dormez-Vous? We are passionate about all things sleep. We are a proud Canadian brand and sleep destination for all! We want to help all Canadians get a better night’s sleep.
Working at Sleep Country Canada (SCC) is more than just a job; it is your opportunity to realize your full potential! We trust you to make the right decisions- you will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference to your team, the customer experience, and the growth of our business all while working in a fun work environment.
Why work for us:
- This is not a job but a career
- We are the proud winners of:
- 2018 Great Place to Work
- 2018 Great Place to work for Millennials
- 2019 Great Place To Work
- 2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality
- 2019 Great Place to work for Giving Back
- 2020 Great Places to Work
- 2020 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality
- Mentoring and continuous talent development
- Robust Medical & Dental Benefits
- We will invest in you and train you
- You will have Access to and Education Fund
- We will provide you with a Tuition reimbursement program that covers professional AND personal development (yes, it means that you can get reimbursed for your scuba diving classes!)
- We provide a Fitness Subsidy
- Regular social events (we work hard and play hard)
- Prepare account reconcilitations?
- Perform activities related to data integration between several information systems to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the data in the Company’s Financial Accounting System?
- Problem solve? Are you able to tackle process implementations?
- Ability to make recommendations to management for identified discrepancies?
- Assist Finance in maintaining Master Data within the ERP system?
- Ability to train and mentor colleagues on the ERP functionalities?
- Support internal controls, financial reviews and audits?
Do you have
- A Post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Data Science, or Information Management or otherwise related to the duties of the position?
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a large, complex organization, which included responsibilities over financial data analysis and the ongoing maintenance, optimization, and effectiveness of various finance systems.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and intermediate to advanced Excel (eg V-Lookup, Pivot and Functions is required).
- Experience with Oracle is an asset
Are you able to
- Support the Finance team with implementing new procedures and assist with testing and documenting new ERP procedures?
- Ability to foster collaboratively? We will need you to train, coach and mentor Finance team members with new system implementations?
- Positively influence the team? You will need to demonstrate that you can handle behavioral, performance and disciplinary issues with ease.
From your first day in the Accounting & Finance department, you will be part of the team that ensures our books are in order! You will be a valued asset, as you will be involved in the day-to-day activities of the accounting department of a company with more than $500 million in revenue.
If you are the successful candidate asked to join our team, we will pay you to work here! Based on your experience, we will offer you a competitive salary.
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority, and persons with a disability.