FAA Certified Flight Instructor
In the ever-changing world of pilot training, standing still is not an option. Underpinning our pioneering spirit is an innate desire to continuously evolve. Our innovative approach challenges the norms of standard training, and as a result we deliver excellence to trainees and customer airlines alike.
As a flight instructor at Skyborne, you won’t just be teaching; you’ll be actively contributing to the evolution of pilot training. We believe in the power of innovation, and we’re seeking dynamic instructors who share our vision.
Be part of Skyborne, the world’s leading airline academy. Lead change, bring your ideas, ingenuity, and determination and make a real difference, in return you will enjoy the most competitive salary package and benefits, career security and flexibility, set in beautiful and thriving parts of the world, in state-of-the-art facilities.
We’re not just an airline academy; we’re a movement, and we want you to be part of it.
We are looking for skilled and talented Flight Instructors who are not afraid to think out of the box to deliver the best training possible to highly motivated, hand-picked trainee pilots. If you thrive in a dynamic environment, enjoy working with people and are motivated by delivering excellence, then we could be a good fit for you, and you for us.
- Flight training of independent and contract students as assigned.
- Conduct flight training in accordance with FARs and SAA course outline or contract training course, as appropriate.
- Teaching training courses, or contract training course, as assigned.
- Manage assigned students training within syllabus and the schedule.
- Maintain accurate logbook records of assigned students.
- Ensure assigned students are scheduled for stage checks in a timely manner.
- Maintain currency in all procedures and regulations.
- Maintain a minimum 80% pass rate on non-final and final stage checks of assigned students.
- Maintain recency in accordance with FAR 61.57 on file with instructor records.
- Adhere to SOP's and regulations.
- Complete annual recurrent instructor standardization in accordance with FAR 141.
- Complete periodic Line checks/Evaluation Flights as required.
- Participate and promote the safety culture, reporting all aviation safety related issues via the feedback system, and adhere to the processes related to accomplishing goals.
- Other tasks assigned by the Program Manager, Chief Instructor, and/or Center Director.
Professional requirements are as follows:
Please check the desired qualifications from the information below to ensure you meet the minimum criteria before applying:
- Pathway one (Certificated as a CFI for at least two years, 200 hours dual given)
- Pathway two (400 hours dual given, 80% first attempt pass rate, with a minimum of 5 applicants referred)
- Instruct initial CFI applicants
- Minimum of 500 hours total time and 200 dual given
- Holds, CFIA, CFII and MEI ratings.
- CMEAD, CFI, CFII
You will also need:
- The unrestricted right to work in the USA
- First, Second or Third Class Medical Certificate
- Recency of experience in accordance with FAR 61.57
- Effective communication skills with fluency in English, through both verbal and written.
- Ability to interact with a diverse student body.
- Contingent to employment, all candidates must pass a drug screening and background check, along with TSA badging-if required for your role.
- Full Time Position
- Annual salary range $37,024 to $39,824, plus premium pay after flying over 58.3 hours per month, additional premium pay ranges from $44.50-$48.50 per hour.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- 401k Investment
- PTO - 18 days
- Holidays - 9 days
This is an opportunity not to be missed. If you want to take your career to heights you never thought possible, then we want to meet you.