Group Chief Financial Officer
Skyborne Airline Academy is one of the most respected and trusted global commercial pilot training academies in the industry. We deliver airline pilots, and have achieved this by radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from a unique educational approach in ground school, to world-class facilities, a modern fleet of aircraft and flight simulators, and an enviable instructional team. Skyborne is fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots.
Why Skyborne? Diversity is what drives us. Equality is what we stand on. Inclusion is what we strive for. Here at Skyborne Airline Academy we understand we are all unique and believe in creating an environment where we can truly be ourselves and embrace different perspectives, giving everyone the chance to think in new and creative ways. What we all have in common is our energy and passion for our roles while working together as one team.
We are looking for an Operationally focussed Chief Financial Officer to develop and lead the finance function for its rapidly growing Group based in the UK and US.
As the Group CFO, you will lead the financial strategy of the business and work closely with the Group CEO, COO and management team to drive growth and maximise value for the shareholders. You will be responsible for controlling the financial affairs and reporting of the group and will support and develop the small finance teams in the UK and US.
Responsibilities also include:
- Preparation of the annual financial budget & forecast
- Acting as a partner to the CEO & COO to assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Develop financial performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Ensure appropriate financials controls are being applied
- Management of Company's cash flow
- Handling tax issues, including international aspects
- Reporting to the Company's Board of Directors, including preparation of presentations and other reports, as required
- Management of internal and external relationships (with investors, the auditors, consultants, banks and authorities)
- Preparation of the consolidated financial statements, along with the related and accompanying information
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the senior management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the senior management team
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems to include FX platforms
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on retaining and attracting the industry’s most vibrant talent
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Fully Qualified Accountant
- Previous experience working at a senior level, ideally within an SME business
- A background in operations would be advantageous for a similar type of business such as a flight school, airline, transportation, logistics
- Global experience would be beneficial, especially within the US
- Excellent leadership skills with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues and tax planning
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel and a knowledge of accounting packages
- Strong analytical skills
To be successful in the role you will have resilience and the ability to deal with changing and multiple priorities. You will be highly motivated, have a positive and professional approach and be interested in being part of a small and talented team. Coupled with your excellent and effective communication skills, you'll be able to build rapport at all levels.
This is a full time role, Monday to Friday and is based at our HQ in Gloucester.
At Skyborne we take care of our employees and in addition to a competitive salary package, we offer a dynamic working environment and fantastic benefits which include:-
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Death in Service Benefit
If you’re looking for a place to work where you can make a positive impact in your daily role and contribute to Skyborne’s continued success, look no further and apply to join us today.
The closing date is 02 October 2023 but please don't delay in applying as we may choose to close the application window early.