Multi Crew Co-operation Instructor (MCCI(A))
Skyborne's vision is to be the most respected and trusted commercial pilot training academy in the industry, delivering airline-ready pilots, and to achieve this we are radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from our unique educational approach to our world-class facilities. We are fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots to hone their skills.
Based in Gloucestershire in the UK, with flight training partners in the US and Europe, we have amazing facilities and the right balance between training and self-motivated learning. Our Progressive Continuous Learning method focuses on ensuring candidates are always developing their talents and absorbing new skills from our vastly experienced instructors.
Why Skyborne? Diversity is what drives us. Equality is what we stand on. Inclusion is what we strive for. Here at Skyborne Airline Academy we understand we are all unique and believe in creating an environment where we can truly be ourselves and embrace different perspectives, giving everyone the chance to think in new and creative ways. What we all have in common is our energy and passion for our roles while working together as one team.
The MCCI(A) is responsible for the conduct of the ATO’s approved MCC, APS MCC and MCCI(A) courses
- Delivery of Ground School for the MCC and APS MCC course
- Delivery of simulator instruction for the MCC and APS MCC course
- Develop and update training materials, lesson plans, and courseware to align with regulatory changes and industry best practices.
- Evaluate and assess trainee performance through written examinations, simulator assessments, and practical exercises, providing constructive feedback for improvement.
- Ensure adherence to safety procedures, security protocols, and operational standards during training sessions.
- Foster a positive learning environment, promoting teamwork, professionalism, and a commitment to excellence among students.
- Hold a current UK Part-FCL MCCI(A) qualification with an EASA Part-FCL MCCI(A) desirable.
- Extensive experience in training as an instructor for professional pilots license.
- SFI/TRI and SFE/TRE experience desirable.
- Hold/have held a valid UK Part FCL Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to motivate and encourage staff, to deal effectively with internal and external contacts ranging from executive to administrative levels.
- Previous airline experience as a commercial airline pilot, with significant multi-crew and/or airline operational experience.
- In-depth knowledge of multi-crew cooperation concepts, Crew Resource Management (CRM), and airline standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Familiarity with UK CAA and EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) regulations and requirements related to APS MCC training.
- Experience in operating FNPT II MCC FSTDs or FTDs.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve training objectives.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing schedules, operational demands, and evolving training needs.
- A high level of professionalism, integrity, and commitment to safety
Full time, permanent opportunity. 40 Hours per week,
This position is based at Gloucestershire Airport; however there may be a requirement to travel to any location.
We also offer an extremely competitive benefits package which includes:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave (inclusive of UK public holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Death in Service Benefit
- Salary up to £65,000
If you’re looking for a place to work where you can make a positive impact in your daily role and contribute to Skyborne’s continued success, look no further and apply to join us today.