FAA Chief Flight Instructor
Skyborne Airline Academy is one of the most respected and trusted global commercial pilot training academies in the industry. Skyborne delivers airline pilots, and have achieved this by radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from a unique educational approach in ground school, to world-class facilities, a modern fleet of aircraft and flight simulators, and an enviable instructional team. Skyborne is fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots.
Why Skyborne? Diversity is what drives us. Equality is what we stand on. Inclusion is what we strive for. Here at Skyborne Airline Academy we understand we are all unique and believe in creating an environment where we can truly be ourselves and embrace different perspectives, giving everyone the chance to think in new and creative ways. What we all have in common is our energy and passion for our roles while working together as one team.
As the Chief Flight Instructor you will be responsible for the FAA flying operations of Skyborne Airline Academy, Vero Beach, which includes safety, quality and regulatory compliance. There is a strong focus on quality with a continuous drive towards process improvement & customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities include: -
- Promoting flight safety throughout the school
- Ensuring the school is compliant with FAA regulatory requirements with regard to delivery of FAR Part 141 and FAR Part 61 flight training.
- Maintaining the school’s FAR Part 141 Pilot School Letters of Authorization (LOA’s) through the FAA WebOPSS System
- Defining and monitoring the required quality and standard of flight training given by the training staff
- Ensuring training policies and processes are suitable for task and regulatory requirements.
- Communicating and promoting policies, procedures, and standards throughout the school
- Ensuring all flight training documentation, manuals, Training Course Outlines / Syllabi, and courseware comply with regulatory requirements and meet the requirements of the business.
- Coordinating with the UK CAA Chief Flight Instructor to ensure that the portions of the UK CAA training program conducted locally in Vero Beach complies with applicable FAA regulations.
- Ensuring the flight training is delivered to meet Skyborne Airline Academy’s objective of being the safest, highest quality and customer focused training school in the world.
- Management and development of all Instructors on base.
- Holds a current FAA C Commercial Pilot Certificate/Airline Transport Pilot Certificate and a current certified flight instructor rating. The certificates must contain airplane category, single-engine land and multi-engine land class ratings, and an instrument rating airplane.
- Meets the pilot-in-command recent flight experience requirements of FAR 61.57 which includes:
- 3 take offs and landings within the last 90 days (can be either in an aircraft or full-motion simulator)
- 6 instrument approaches within the last 6 months (can be in aircraft or simulator)
- Flight experience: 1,000 hours pilot-in-command
- 3 years as a CFI
- Total of 500 hours of instruction given
You’ll come with demonstrable experience in leadership from a flight training management role with extensive experience in training as an instructor for professional pilot’s license. You’ll have no aircraft accident or aviation violation convictions.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. You’ll have a keen interest in people and be passionate about motivating and encouraging others. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst being open to change will be key.
Full time position
Up to $120k—Based on experience.
At Skyborne we take care of our employees. In addition to a competitive salary package, we also offer a dynamic working environment and fantastic benefits which includes: -
Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision)
PTO- 18 days
Holidays - 9 days
If you’re looking for a place to work where you can make a positive impact in your daily role and contribute to Skyborne’s continued success, look no further and apply to join us today.