FAA Assistant Chief Instructor
- Airport Dr, Vero Beach, FL 32960, USA
Skyborne Airline Academy is one of the most respected and trusted global commercial pilot training academies in the industry. Skyborne delivers airline pilots, and have achieved this by radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from a unique educational approach in ground school, to world-class facilities, a modern fleet of aircraft and flight simulators, and an enviable instructional team. Skyborne is fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots.
The Assistant Chief will perform the duties and responsibilities of the Chief Instructor when required and as noted in FAR Part 141.85. The successful candidate will have had a similar role or functioned as an Assistant Chief/Chief at a Flight Academy, School or University with a significant enrolment number (Part 141).
- Conduct Stage Checks and other evaluations of students and instructors as required.
- Develop and maintain program of training courses as required.
- Conduct initial and annual standardization of the Academy’s instructors as required.
- Ensure students’ logbooks and Step Checks are performed in an accurate and timely manner prior to Stage Checks.
- Approval of training activity records and program changes for students in the groups assigned.
- Chief Instructor duties as delegated by Chief Instructor.
- Flight training of independent and contract students as assigned.
- Conducting flight training in accordance with FARs and SAA course outline or contract training course, as appropriate.
- Teaching Ground School subjects, IAW, SAA training course, or contract training course, as assigned.
- Manage assigned students training within syllabus and the schedule.
- Maintain accurate log book records of assigned students.
- Follow SAA policy regarding control and identification of weak students leading to Review Board.
- Ensure assigned students are scheduled for stage checks in a timely manner.
- Ensure daily activity bid sheet is completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain currency in all new procedures and regulations.
- Reporting to Program Manager/Assistant Program Manager assigned students that are weak or marginal.
- Maintain a minimum 80% pass rate on non-final and final stage checks of assigned students.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain recency in accordance with FAR 61.57 on file with instructor records.
- To meet the requirements of FAR 141.36
- Complete initial instructor standardization in accordance with FAR 141.79
- Complete annual recurrent instructor standardization in accordance with FAR 141.79
- Adhere to SAA regulations.
- Participate in supporting and promoting the safety culture, reporting all aviation safety related issues via the feedback system, and adhere to the processes related to accomplishing SMS goals.
- Support Skyborne Airline Academy and its subsidiaries’ commitment to ethical behavior by basing our priorities on lawful and ethical conduct as we deal with workers, Customers, vendors and other in all operations (See Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Other tasks assigned by the Chief Flight Instructor and/or Center Director
- As required by Chief Flight Instructor position and as noted in FAR 141.85.
- Manages the daily responsibilities of direct reports
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: (Minimum Requirements)
- Minimum 500 hours of dual given instructional experience (or 1 year and 250 hours dual instruction).
- Experience with FAA 141 Training in Managerial, Assistant Chief or Chief roles within the last two years.
- Recency of experience in accordance with FAR 61.57.
- 80% pass rate for all FAA check ride sign offs to include initial CFIA.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: (Preferred Requirements)
- Associates or Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of three years as a flight instructor to include single engine, multi engine.
- Minimum 1000 Hours PIC with 750 hours of dual instruction including 200 hours of instrument instruction
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Commercial Pilot Certificate (Single and Multi-Engine) and valid Flight Instructor Certificates (CFIA, CFII and MEI).
- First, Second- or Third-Class Medical Certificate.
- Valid Driver’s License, where applicable.
Software /Skills Requirements:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Other software programs may be required, as needed.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented. Ability to interact with various levels of management in a professional manner.
- Ability to interact with varied customer base (current and/or prospective) while providing high level of customer service.
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules and high-pressure situations
- Ability to use classroom equipment as necessary.
- Ability to operate Flight Academy airplanes and flight trainers.
Full time position-Salary