Head of Flight Operations
- Airport Dr, Vero Beach, FL 32960, USA
Skyborne Airline Academy is one of the most respected and trusted global commercial pilot training academies in the industry. Skyborne delivers airline pilots, and has achieved this by radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from a unique educational approach in ground school, to world-class facilities, a modern fleet of aircraft and flight simulators, and an enviable instructional team. Skyborne is fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots.
The Head of Flight Operations is primarily responsible for ensuring that the Vero Beach flight operations operate in the safest, most efficient and customer focussed manner.
The role will lead Skyborne’s airline vertically Integrated training philosophy throughout all elements of training.
In this position you will be responsible for program (safety, training, standard) and project execution, including planning, overseeing operations and quality of service for our customers through active monitoring of training delivery, operational planning and operational dispatch.
This is a new and exciting key role for Skyborne Vero Beach and a key member of a vibrant and fast-paced team working with team members and customers globally.
- Lead the flight operations team to achieve Skyborne company objectives
- Responsible for company flight operations procedures, standards, and regulatory compliance
- Oversee and advance training and safety programs, policies, and procedures
- Oversee planning and program management for all training programs
- Coordinate with aircraft maintenance to ensure fleet availability is optimized
- Develop professional development programs for the flight operations tea
- Ensure effective planning and execution of daily operations and future operations
- Drive team alignment internal to flight operations and cross-functionally
- Plan and develop strategy for team growth
- Ensure customer needs and challenges are communicated and understood by executive and functional teams
- Maintaining and owning the Course Planning Chart (CPC)
- Maintaining the tactical plan of hours flown and classes taught
- Leading the Manager of Safety and Compliance to ensure that the ‘Emergency Response Plan’ is fit for purpose and a companywide Just culture is embraced
- Developing and publishing a daily programme to record and assess on time departure of all flights, including simulator activity and, together with the Chief Instructor, developing strategies to ensure on time departure performance
- Flight Instructor resource planning to ensure adequate number of instructors to deliver the planned training load
- Coordinating with the Chief instructor and Head of HR & Recruitment to ensure adequate Instructor recruitment plan in place
- Main point of contact for flightlogger development for the Vero beach training centre.
- Previous Aviation/Airline Operations experience
- Previous FAA141 Chief Instructor experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to motivate and encourage staff, to deal effectively with internal and external contacts ranging from executive to administrative levels
- Demonstrable experience of setting up and leading an aircraft maintenance facility
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast-paced environment
- Readily accepts changes and adjusts accordingly