Facilities Maintenance Technician
- Airport Dr, Vero Beach, FL 32960, USA
Skyborne's is one of the most respected and trusted commercial pilot training academy in the industry, delivering airline pilots, and to achieve this we are radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from our unique educational approach to our world-class facilities. We are fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots to hone their skills.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior of the facilities and major utilities. Flexible hours will be required for this role.
- Performs troubleshooting and maintenance service and repairs in the areas of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, drywall, appliances, pool and carpet cleaning
- Organize, prioritize and take corrective action of facilities work orders system
- Ensure that all areas of property are neat, clean and safe in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Responds promptly with courtesy and professionalism to service calls during scheduled work shift and on-call as assigned.
- This position assists with preparing or prepares dormitory units for student ready condition including paint preparation, painting and clean up.
- Performs various non-technical functions such as maintaining exterior lighting, preventative maintenance, pool maintenance, lock repairs, etc.
- Perform general maintenance of office furniture; assemble new purchases of office and dormitory equipment/furniture; move and arrange office equipment/furniture as needed.
- Inspect common areas (hallways, reception area, break room kitchens) during daily work routine for any discrepancies in facilities maintenance issues.
- Works with safety management system (SMS) to facilitate annual emergency response drills such as fire evacuation drills, etc.
- Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, EPA, etc.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: (Minimum Requirements)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience working with facilities maintenance issues.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Current and valid State of Florida drivers’ license required.
SOFTWARE/SKILLS REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Basic computer skills.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong mechanical aptitude skills.
- Strong electrical aptitude skills.
- Strong plumbing aptitude skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent written communication.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
Ability to use various tools and materials including saws, drills, rotor, hammer, screwdrivers, wrenches, multi-meters, dry wall, woodworking, paint, caulking, lumber, molding, electric saws, carpet cleaning machine, air conditioners and refrigerator installation
$11-15 per hour, dependent on experience