Head of Finance
- Airport Dr, Vero Beach, FL 32960, USA
Skyborne's is one of the most respected and trusted commercial pilot training academy in the industry, delivering airline pilots, and to achieve this we are radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from our unique educational approach to our world-class facilities. We are fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots to hone their skills.
Due to the continued growth and success of the business and the acquisition of our new Training Academy at Vero Beach, a dynamic and motivated Head of Finance is required. This individual will lead the financial team In Vero Beach developing policies and procedures to ensure that financial reporting is on time and to the required level of granularity. The Head of Finance will maintain a successful working relationship with the business management in order to provide sound financial and commercial advice in all areas of decision making.
- Management and development of the finance team
- Preparation of the annual financial budget & regular forecast updates (P&L and cashflow).
- Ensure appropriate financials controls are being applied and pro-actively look to improve such controls
- Ensure that the Balance Sheet is regularly reviewed, and all accounts are reconciled. Raising any potential risks with the Center Manager and Group CFO
- Management of Company's cash flows. Regular forecasting, reporting in a timely manner any pinch points. Working with the Center Manger and Group CFO to ensure that cash Is maximised.
- Handling of all the US tax issues and ensuring compliance with the various tax requirements.
- Management of internal and external relationships (with the auditors, consultants, banks and authorities as well as the UK Group operation)
- Preparation of the Year End financial statements, along with the related and accompanying information
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the senior management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the senior management team
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Qualified Accountant
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a high growth company preferably in the aviation sector
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
- Commercially focussed. Providing a commercial input to business decisions. Ensuring that operation and sales teams are aware of the commercial implications of day-to-day training changes.
- Experience in partnering with an executive team
- Strong Spreadsheet skills
- Strong systems skills and experience. Driven to improve systems and save time/ increase quality wherever possible.
- Well organised and analytical
- Effective communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Highly motivated and interested in being part of a small and talented team
- Experience of working within a small finance team.
- Flexibility, especially at month end and budget times.