FAA Assistant Chief Instructor
- Airport Dr, Vero Beach, FL 32960, USA
Skyborne Airline Academy is one of the most respected and trusted global commercial pilot training academies in the industry. Skyborne delivers airline pilots, and have achieved this by radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from a unique educational approach in ground school, to world-class facilities, a modern fleet of aircraft and flight simulators, and an enviable instructional team. Skyborne is fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots.
The Assistant Chief will perform the duties and responsibilities of the Chief Instructor when required and as noted in FAR Part 141.85. The successful candidate will have had a similar role or functioned as an Assistant Chief/Chief at a Flight Academy, School or University with a significant enrolment number (Part 141).
- Conduct Stage Checks and other evaluations of students and instructors as required.
- Develop and maintain program of training courses as required.
- Conduct initial and annual standardization of the Academy’s instructors as required.
- Ensure students’ logbooks and Step Checks are performed in an accurate and timely manner prior to Stage Checks.
- Approval of training activity records and program changes for students in the groups assigned.
- Chief Instructor duties as delegated by Chief Instructor.
- Flight training of independent and contract students as assigned.
- Conducting flight training in accordance with FARs and SAA course outline or contract training course, as appropriate.
- Teaching Ground School subjects, IAW, SAA training course, or contract training course, as assigned.
- Manage assigned students training within syllabus and the schedule.
- Maintain accurate log book records of assigned students.
- Follow SAA policy regarding control and identification of weak students leading to Review Board.
- Ensure assigned students are scheduled for stage checks in a timely manner.
- Ensure daily activity bid sheet is completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain currency in all new procedures and regulations.
- Reporting to Program Manager/Assistant Program Manager assigned students that are weak or marginal.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: (Minimum Requirements)
- Minimum of five (5) years aviation experience to include approximately 500 hours of dual given experience given with 141, Managerial, Assistant Chief or Chief responsibilities within the last two years.
- Recency of experience in accordance with FAR 61.57.
- Minimum of three years as a flight instructor to include single engine, multi engine.
- 80% pass rate for all FAA check ride sign offs to include initial CFIA.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: (Preferred Requirements)
- Associates or Bachelor degree.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Commercial Pilot Certificate and valid Flight Instructor Certificates (CFIA, CFII and MEI).
- First, Second or Third Class Medical Certificate.
- Valid Driver’s License, where applicable.
Full time position