- 2805 Airport Drive, Vero Beach, Florida, United States
Skyborne Airline Academy is one of the most respected and trusted global commercial pilot training academies in the industry. Skyborne delivers airline pilots, and have achieved this by radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from a unique educational approach in ground school, to world-class facilities, a modern fleet of aircraft and flight simulators, and an enviable instructional team. Skyborne is fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots.
The Ground Instructor is responsible for the presentation of pilot ground school training conducted for Customers receiving Initial, Recurrent or generic training courses and measuring the training progress of Customer(s), objectively and subjectively, within the established curriculum.
- Assist with the administration of all ground school training activities.
- Manage Ground School Instructor scheduling, standardization, and additional duties.
- Maintain the readiness of all ground school training materials, courseware, and equipment.
- Maintain Instructor qualification
- Develop, utilize, maintain and revise ground school lesson plans and Pilot Training publications
- Assist in completing and revising ground school syllabi and Expanded Instructor Action Guides (EIAGs)
- Maintain all ground training material (various media forms) in a current state at all times.
- Ensure classroom equipment, flight training devices (FTDs) and scheduled simulators are ready for client training events.
- Integrate Crew Resource Management (CRM)/Human Factors training with technical (procedural) training.
- Attend scheduled Instructor meetings.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school preferred, or three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years’ experience substitution must be in related field.
- Minimum of six (6) months experience in a teaching/training environment, especially where the material is designed for adult (over 18 years old) participants, preferred.
- Prior to hiring, the applicant for Ground Instructor must possess one of the following qualifications:
- FAA Flight Instructor Certificate (CFI – Certified Flight Instructor) (currency, not required); or
- Ground Instructor Certificate with an instrument rating and an advanced rating (AGII); or
- A rating equivalent to either of the above, issued by another country’s aviation authority; or
- Documented military Flight Instructor training and experience; or
- Documented experience as a pilot instructor in a Part 142, and/or 135/ 121 Air Carrier operations, or another country’s aviation authority
o At least one (1) years’ experience as a Skyborne Airline Academy Maintenance Instructor (This qualification is valid only for teaching Aircraft Systems modules, and requires a waiver from the Regional Director Training Operations.) Other modules may also be approved, on a case-by-case basis.
NOTE: An Instructor may be employed without the required certificates or ratings, but these must be obtained within six (6) months of employment or before training any clients.
Job Type: Full-time, Salaried