Fleet Support Licenced Engineer – Aircraft Maintenance
- Skypark Flight Centre, Staverton, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Skyborne's vision is to be the most respected and trusted commercial pilot training academy in the industry, delivering airline-ready pilots, and to achieve this we are radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from our unique educational approach to our world-class facilities. We are fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots to hone their skills.
Based in Gloucestershire in the UK, with flight training partners in the US and Europe, we have amazing facilities and the right balance between training and self-motivated learning. Our Progressive Continuous Learning method focuses on ensuring candidates are always developing their talents and absorbing new skills from our vastly experienced instructors.
The Fleet Support Licenced Engineers are primarily responsible for ensuring all Diamond Aircraft, both Skyborne’s and external customer’s fleets are maintained in the safest, most efficient, and fully compliant manner.
This new and exciting role will involve the use of a highly developed skill set to maintain the aircraft in the fleet providing exceptional service standards reflecting the Skyborne ethos. A dynamic and progressive role, the Fleet Support Licenced Technicians will be adaptable and positive in an evolving Maintenance Department.
This role will be responsible for:
- Carry out scheduled maintenance on fleet aircraft
- Conduct defect identification and rectification plus AOG support as required
- Overseeing and certifying maintenance carried out by Fleet Support Technicians
- Ensuring Health & Safety and regulatory standards are met within the maintenance environment at all times
- Support the operational flying programme in carrying out works in line with fleet maintenance schedule to ensure minimal aircraft down time
- Support the compliance with regulatory responsibilities of UKCAA as per the approved Exposition
- Ensure the maintenance quality is accomplished to the highest standards of airworthiness considering principles of human factors
- Produce accurate maintenance records for work carried out
- Support of ongoing hangar cleanliness and organisation to ensure safe and effective working environment
- Support the operation with aircraft handling and stand placement, refuelling and aircraft valet and detailing
- Fully Licenced UKCAA Part 66 LAE with the experience to certify (or within 6 months to completion of licence or certification requirements)
- Demonstrable experience of aircraft maintenance on relevant aircraft group
- High standard of communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to interact effectively with staff and produce accurate maintenance records
- Experience in use of computerised maintenance record systems
- Understanding in relevance and application of SB/ADs
- Extensive experience in use and interpretation of AMM to provide the correct action for carrying out maintenance procedures
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast-paced environment
- Readily accepts changes and adjusts accordingly
Full time, permanent opportunity. 40 Hours per week,
This position is based at Gloucestershire Airport; however there may be a requirement to travel to any location where aircraft may be displaced to
We also offer an extremely competitive benefits package which includes:
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of UK public holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Death in Service Benefit
If you have the aspiration and enthusiasm to be part of our team please apply.