Ground Training Manager
- Airport Dr, Vero Beach, FL 32960, USA
Skyborne Airline Academy is one of the most respected and trusted global commercial pilot training academies in the industry. Skyborne delivers airline pilots, and have achieved this by radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from a unique educational approach in ground school, to world-class facilities, a modern fleet of aircraft and flight simulators, and an enviable instructional team. Skyborne is fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots.
The Ground Training Manager will act as team lead for the Ground Instructors to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Assist with the supervision and management of all ground school training activities.
- Manage Ground School Instructor scheduling, standardization, and additional duties.
- Maintain the readiness of all ground school training materials, courseware, and equipment.
- Maintain Instructor qualification
- Develop, utilize, maintain and revise ground school lesson plans and Pilot Training publications
- Assist in completing and revising ground school syllabi and Expanded Instructor Action Guides (EIAGs)
- Maintain all ground training material (various media forms) in a current state at all times.
- Ensure classroom equipment, flight training devices (FTDs) and scheduled simulators are ready for client training events.
- Integrate Crew Resource Management (CRM)/Human Factors training with technical (procedural) training.
- Attend scheduled Instructor meetings.
- Two-year college or technical school or three years' related experience and/or training in related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a teaching/training environment.
- FAA Flight Instructor Certificate (CFI – Certified Flight Instructor) (currency, not required); or
- Ground Instructor Certificate with an instrument rating and an advanced rating (AGII); or
- A rating equivalent to either of the above, issued by another country’s aviation authority; or
- Documented military Flight Instructor training and experience; or Documented experience as a pilot instructor in a Part 142, and/or 135/ 121 Air Carrier operations, or another country’s aviation authority
- Effective communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Well organised and analytical
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
- Highly motivated and interested in being part of a small and talented team
Job Type: Full-time, Salaried