FAA Chief Flight Instructor
- Airport Dr, Vero Beach, FL 32960, USA
Skyborne Airline Academy is one of the most respected and trusted global commercial pilot training academies in the industry. Skyborne delivers airline pilots, and have achieved this by radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from a unique educational approach in ground school, to world-class facilities, a modern fleet of aircraft and flight simulators, and an enviable instructional team. Skyborne is fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots.
This vacancy has been created following the recent announcement that UK-based Skyborne Aviation Group has acquired its first pilot training base in the United States in Vero Beach, Florida.
The Chief Flight Instructor is responsible for the FAA flying operations of Skyborne Airline Academy, Vero Beach, which includes safety, quality and regulatory compliance. There is a strong focus on quality with a continuous drive towards process improvement & customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for promoting flight safety throughout the school.
- Accountable for ensuring that the school is in compliance with the FAA regulatory requirements with regard to delivery of FAR Part 141 and FAR Part 61 flight training.
- Maintains the school’s FAR Part 141 Pilot School Letters of Authorization (LOA’s) through the FAA WebOPSS System.
- Defining and monitoring the required quality and standard of flight training given by the training staff.
- Ensuring training policies and processes are suitable for task and regulatory requirements.
- Communicating/promoting policies, procedures and standards throughout the school.
- Ensuring that all flight training documentation, manuals, Training Course Outlines / Syllabi and courseware comply with regulatory requirements, are fit for purpose and meet the requirements of the business.
- Coordinates with the UK CAA Chief Flight Instructor to ensure that the portions of the UK CAA training program conducted locally in Vero Beach complies with applicable FAA regulations.
- Ensuring that flight training is delivered to meet Skyborne Airline Academy objective of being the safest, highest quality and customer focused training school in the world.
- Management and development of all instructors on base.
- Holds a current FAA C Commercial Pilot Certificate or an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, and a current flight instructor certificate. The certificates must contain airplane category, single-engine land and multi-engine land class ratings, and an instrument rating airplane.
- Meets or exceeds the minimum experience requirements as specified in FAR 141.35(b), 141.35(c), 141.35(d), and 141.35(e).
- Meets the pilot-in-command recent flight experience requirements of FAR 61.57
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to motivate and encourage staff, to deal effectively with internal and external contacts ranging from executive to administrative levels.
- Demonstrable record of leadership in a flight training management role.
- Extensive experience in training as an instructor for professional pilot’s license.
- No aircraft accident or aviation violation convictions.
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Readily accepts changes and adjusts accordingly.
- Ability to maintain strong customer orientation under adverse circumstances.
Job Type: Full-time