UK CAA Chief Flight Instructor
- Airport Drive, Vero Beach, Florida, United States
Skyborne Airline Academy is one of the most respected and trusted global commercial pilot training academies in the industry. Skyborne delivers airline pilots, and have achieved this by radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from a unique educational approach in ground school, to world-class facilities, a modern fleet of aircraft and flight simulators, and an enviable instructional team. Skyborne is fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots.
This new vacancy has been created following the recent announcement that UK-based Skyborne Aviation Group has acquired its first pilot training base in the United States in Vero Beach, Florida.
The Chief Flying Instructor is responsible for the UK CAA approved flying operations of Skyborne Airline Academy, Vero Beach. This new location will serve as a fair-weather base for the Skyborne UK CAA Integrated ATPL programme, as well as US FAA Part 141 approved training
We are looking for an exceptional Chief Flight Instructor to join our highly skilled and professional team.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Responsible for promoting flight safety throughout the school.
- Accountable for ensuring that the school is in compliance with the UK CAA regulatory requirements with regard to delivery of flight training.
- Defining and monitoring the required quality and standard of flight training given by the training staff.
- Ensuring training policies and processes are suitable for task and regulatory requirements.
- Communicating/promoting policies, procedures and standards throughout the school.
- Ensuring that all flight training documentation, manuals and courseware are fit for purpose and meet the requirements of the business.
- Ensuring that flight training is delivered to meet Skyborne Airline Academy objective of being the safest, highest quality and customer focused training school in the world.
- Management and development of all instructors on base.
- Must hold a CPL, IR, ME, FI, CRI and IRI.
This could be issued by the UK CAA or EASA
- 1,000 hours of flight time as pilot-in-command (PIC).
- At least 500 of those hours should be on flying instructional duties related to the flying courses provided, of which 200 hours may be instrument ground time.
- Ideally hold UK CAA Flight Examiner privileges
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to motivate and encourage staff, to deal effectively with internal and external contacts ranging from executive to administrative levels.
- Demonstrable record of leadership in a flight training management role.
- Extensive experience in training as an instructor for professional pilot’s license.
- No aircraft accident or aviation violation convictions.
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Readily accepts changes and adjusts accordingly.
- Ability to maintain strong customer orientation under adverse circumstances.
- Ideally have the right to work in the USA, although some visa support is potentially available.
In return, we offer a very competitive benefits package which includes:
- Life cover
- Paid vacation = 10 days + bank holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan
If you have the aspiration and enthusiasm to be part of our team please apply.