Chief Flight Instructor
- Airport, El Grao de Castellón, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain
Skyborne's vision is to be the most respected and trusted commercial pilot training academy in the industry, delivering airline-ready pilots, and to achieve this we are radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from our unique educational approach to our world-class facilities. We are fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots to hone their skills.
Based in Gloucestershire in the UK, with a fair weather base in Spain, we have amazing facilities and the right balance between training and self-motivated learning. Our Progressive Continuous Learning method focuses on ensuring you are always developing your talents and absorbing new skills from our vastly experienced instructors. Start your journey to becoming a professional airline pilot today by choosing to fly with Skyborne.
We are looking for an exceptional Chief Flight Instructor to join our highly skilled and professional team.
The Chief Flying Instructor will be responsible for the flying operations of Skyborne Airline Academy and will be located predominantly at our base in Castellón, Spain as well as Gloucester, UK. The incumbent will follow established procedures but has the ability to adapt and innovate as the situation may require. Responsibility for safety, quality and compliance. There is a strong focus on quality with a continuous drive towards process improvement & customer satisfaction.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Responsible for promoting flight safety throughout the school.
- Accountable for ensuring that the school is in compliance with the local regulatory requirements with regard to delivery of flight training.
- Defining and monitoring the required quality and standard of flight training given by the training staff.
- Ensuring training policies and processes are suitable for task and regulatory requirements.
- Communicating/promoting policies, procedures and standards throughout the school.
- Ensuring that all flight training documentation, manuals and courseware are fit for purpose and meet the requirements of the business.
- Ensuring that flight training is delivered to meet Skyborne Airline Academy objective of being the safest, highest quality and customer focused training school in the world.
- Management and development of all instructors on base.
- Hold a current EASA FI professional pilot license.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to motivate and encourage staff, to deal effectively with internal and external contacts ranging from executive to administrative levels.
- Demonstrable record of leadership in a flight training management role.
- Extensive experience in training as an instructor for professional pilots license.
- No aircraft accident or aviation violation convictions.
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Readily accepts changes and adjusts accordingly.
- Ability to maintain strong customer orientation under adverse circumstances.
In return, we offer a very competitive benefits package which includes:
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of UK Public Holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Loss of license insurance
If you have the aspiration and enthusiasm to be part of our team please apply.