Base Manager / Operations Manager
- Airport, El Grao de Castellón
Skyborne's vision is to be the most respected and trusted commercial pilot training academy in the industry, delivering airline-ready pilots, and to achieve this we are radically redefining every aspect of airline pilot training, from our unique educational approach to our world-class facilities. We are fully committed to developing a dynamic, engaging and welcoming environment for the next generation of airline pilots to hone their skills.
Based in Gloucestershire in the UK, with a fair weather base in Spain, we have amazing facilities and the right balance between training and self-motivated learning. Our Progressive Continuous Learning method focuses on ensuring you are always developing your talents and absorbing new skills from our vastly experienced instructors. Start your journey to becoming a professional airline pilot today by choosing to fly with Skyborne.
- Daily planning and allocation of resources to support the flight school programme.
- Collection of flight data for student/FI reports and logbooks.
- Managing and standardisation of Operations Officers.
- Ensuring all operations paperwork is completed accurately.
- Maintaining the tactical plan of hours flown and classes taught.
- Ensuring that the operations paperwork is all completed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the Emergency Response Plan is fit for purpose.
- Developing and publishing a daily programme to record and assess on time departure of all flights, including simulator activity and, together with the Head of Training, developing strategies to ensure on time departure performance.
- The safe and efficient operation of the ATO’s Flight Operations.
- Efficient Operation of the Base including finance, recruitment, administration, student accommodation and facilities.
- Liaison with aircraft maintenance provider to ensure optimum aircraft dispatch.
- Arranging the arrival and departures of all Skyborne Cadets.
- Previous Aviation/Airline Operations experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to motivate and encourage staff, to deal effectively with internal and external contacts ranging from executive to administrative levels
- Demonstrable experience of ATO operations
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast-paced environment
- Readily accepts changes and adjusts accordingly
- Previous ATO base management experience
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
In return, we offer a very competitive benefits package which includes:
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of UK Public Holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Loss of license insurance
- Death in service benefit
If you have the aspiration and enthusiasm to be part of our team please apply.