Web Development Mentor / Instructor (Remote / Online)
- National Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Skills Union is an online Social Learning platform designed to bridge the global skills gap by helping our global community of students to succeed in their chosen career. We work closely with universities and employers to design and deliver programs that focus on highly sought-after digital skills, such as web and software development, data science, cyber security, UX design and digital marketing.
Our mission is to unlock human potential by working directly with the world’s best educators, instructors and mentors to provide highly engaging, online learning programs that equip our students with the right technical skills, knowledge and mindset to help them succeed in today’s rapidly evolving digital economy.
Our growing global community shares a deep passion for learning, and ultimately to deliver a world-class learning experience for our students, all of which makes Skills Union an amazing place to work, and an incredibly supportive community to be part of.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Web Development Professional with 3-5 years of experience to come join our growing global team of online mentors, who help our students to learn the latest tools, skills and technologies to allow them to pursue a successful career in Web Development when they graduate.
We aways look for people who are Happy, Hungry, Honest and Humble, with a deep passion for sharing their knowledge and significant real-world experience. Educational experience is a bonus, but all of our new team members follow a training program in the latest instructional and educational approaches, and so this is much less important than your attitude, knowledge, experience and portfolio.
You will be joining our global team of mentors and instructors to help shape and deliver our Web Development Programs. Our programs are delivered online, using our unique "Social Learning Model", which means students learn in cohorts, working in pairs and groups, with direct access to our global community of mentors. Students learn by working on real projects, following a carefully curated curriculum, with content from some of the world’s leading learning content providers.
We also support our students with weekly online group workshops providing personalised Professional Development to help them succeed in their career.
Your primary role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Delivering an extraordinary student learning experience through compassionate, committed feedback to students, teaching, mentoring and information sharing.
- Coaching and inspiring students to reach their full potential
- Providing students with feedback to help them build projects and portfolio
- Actively contribute to our growing global community.
We are looking for in the right candidate:
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are looking for guidance.
- You are a confident team leader with problem-solving, communication and analytical thinking skills.
- You are proactive, autonomous and resourceful.
- A diploma, certificate or a degree in the design field + 2 years of industry experience OR 5 or more years of industry experience.
Above all you have a great portfolio of work, a passion for working with people, and a deep love for what you do.
Skills Union is an equal opportunities employer and actively encourages applications from all backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our jobs portal with your CV and a brief covering letter, providing three key reasons why you feel you would be the perfect fit. We aim to get back to all job applications within a week with an initial response.