Maintenance Supervisor - Food Manufacturing
- Vineland, NJ
SkillSource is a leading placement service specializing in manufacturing operations both on the production floor and front office. We work hard finding the right complimentary fit for both client and qualified candidates. We facilitate this by asking not just the right questions technically but the right questions to fit you personally. We have a substantial client base to work with so there is a very good chance we can find you the next step in a more satisfying career. Submit your hard earned resume today and let us see what we can do for you!
Maintenance Supervisor Position Summary:
My client, an industry leader in food manufacturing, is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for the South Jersey facility. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising daily activities of maintenance department to ensure efficient operations in a food processing facility. Responsible for ensuring all tasks performed by associates and others are performed safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality and Reliability.
Maintenance Supervisor Essential Job Functions:
• Plan, coordinate and advise department associates of work to be completed daily.
• Oversee daily set up of machinery and equipment prior to production for efficient and effective operation.
• Monitor packaging line efficiency through PLC automation
• Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods (SQF)that meet regulatory and company requirements.
• Assist with developing and auditing Preventative Maintenance(PM) program
• Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required. 3-5 years equivalent experience and training.
• Food or beverage manufacturing background, FDA, GMP, SQF guidelines
• Knowledge of electronics and experience in controls systems and instrumentation
• Problem resolution skills and proficient interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Knowledge/Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Processes and Tools
• Familiar with, VFD's, PLC Programming (Allen Bradley).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.