- W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN, USA
SkillDemand is a revolutionary force to be reckoned with, dedicated to connecting local, top-qualified talent into rewarding careers. With an unparalleled range of homegrown tools, data analytics, and a people-centered approach, we’ve created a solutions-oriented culture where both our clients and our contractors thrive. Our nationwide success story speaks for itself as we have established growth in: IN, MA, NC, VA, TX, FL & continuing to expand!
At SkillDemand, hiring is made easy across any industry, including: Healthcare, Finance, Engineering, Administrative & Support Services, Information Technology, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals & more. Our mission is defined by serving your values, supporting our communities’ sustainability, and providing the highest quality workforce solutions for all.
Secured School Safety Grant Coordinator
Purpose of Position/Summary:
The department is designated as the Administrative Agency for Indiana's Senate Bill 1 establishing the Indiana Secured School fund. The fund provides matching grants to enable school corporations and charter schools to establish programs to: (1) employ school resource officers; (2) conduct threat assessments of school buildings; or (3) purchase safety equipment and technology.
This position will support the grants section by covering different and varying state and federal programs affiliated with the department. This position will serve at the working level in the grants section under higher-level grants coordinator providing resource information on grants and aid applicable to many different programs covered by one or more divisions of an agency and providing administrative assistance in the grant application process.
- Provides resource information to potential recipients on types of grants available, federal and agency requirements for obtaining grants and process of applying for grants, frequently solving new or unprecedented problems or considerations;
- Reviews request for fulfillment of program objectives and federal and agency requirements and policy;
- Monitor quarterly reports and reimbursement submitted through iGMS and other various systems.
- Prepare state and federal administration requirements such as, but not limited to, various financial and programmatic reports, award letters, and public notifications.
- Performs clearance checks through the DWD and DOR systems when requested;
- Performs technical assistance through various computer systems to internal and external customers
- Provide assistance to recipients throughout the grant process including contracting process (SCM), processing, procurement, and budgeting
- Assist with providing training sessions in regards to the grant process.
- Provide written grant updates to supervisor on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.