Sales Associate-Outlet/Big Box
- Gardena, CA
A two-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division which includes Skechers Memory Foam and the charity line BOBS from Skechers, and Skechers Performance which includes Skechers GOrun and Skechers GOwalk footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include the world famous drummer Ringo Starr, multi-platinum recording artist Demi Lovato, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, legendary quarterbacks Joe Montana and Joe Namath, baseball stars Pete Rose and Mariano Rivera, and The Voice winner Danielle Bradbery. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfer Matt Kuchar represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1000 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 120 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and across Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Skechers ships product through a 1.82 million square-foot, fully automated, LEED-Gold certified distribution facility in California that serves North America. The Company also operates a 753,000-square-foot facility in Belgium that serves Europe and ships directly to the rest of the planet.
The Product Specialist is responsible for driving unit sales at a high velocity through creating an exceptional and exciting customer experience. Product Specialists are responsible for engaging with customers and applying the knowledge learned from company-driven training programs as it relates to product knowledge and the SKECHERS Promise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
￼￼• Expected to engage customers and provide excellent customer service in order to meet or exceed assigned sales plans and target metric objectives within the assigned store.
• Maintains a commitment to the company’s sales processes, values and business code of ethics.
• Properly and accurately retrieves or receives merchandise for customers.
• Assists customers with transactions on register. Properly calculates sales discounts, total sales and determine bills, accepts payments, and makes change for customers (if trained to
• Wraps or bags merchandise for customers. Personally walks each bag around the counter to
• Graciously accepts returns while turning returns into exchanges. Partners with management
if customer requires return/exchange transactions.
• Assists in proper product placement and consistent execution of company’s marketing and visual presentation standards and directives.
• Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise end caps to promote sales.
• Maintains a “wallpaper” image throughout shift in assigned zone.
• Correctly stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise and merchandise boxes.
• Stocks shelves and end caps with merchandise. Sets up displays, end caps and bins
according to company directives.
• Ability to professionally communicate and engage customers by answering questions and
sharing product features and benefits.
• Demonstrates teamwork by working cooperatively with others toward common group objectives, demonstrates respect for the ideas and contributions of other team members, cultivates positive relationships with other associates, and provides assistance and support to others.
• Represents the company in a positive manner both with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrates the ability to consistently follow The Promise and all company customer service standards.
• Completes all inventory processes promptly and accurately in order to limit losses and shrink.
• Responsible for heavy amounts of stock functions including, but not limited to, stock processing, filling and stocking floor racks and back-stock racks, in-store inventories, shifting bins and walls of product, etc. Physical work load and manual labor to be performed by associates may be heavy (warehouse environment).
• Completes verification of store funds when asked to do so.
• Ability to accurately assess product fit upon customer request.
• Complies with policies and procedures at all times.
• Completes quality store recovery throughout the shift and at closing in order to prepare for
the next day’s business.
• Willing and able to clean shelves, counters, tables, floors and overall store.
• Completes daily housekeeping and cleaning to ensure store is always visually appealing to
• All employees are required to use ladders as an essential function of this job, as that is part
of the daily duties to maintain the store’s daily operations and in order to service customers. Therefore, dress code and safety policies must be followed. This is also outlined under the PHYSICAL DEMANDS section of the job description.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to execute excellence to company standards at all times.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication.
• Must produce work that is accurate, thorough and meets requirements on consistent basis.
• It is a condition of employment, and responsibilities require, that you are flexible with regard to
hours and days worked, including when we may need to increase or decrease your hours based on the needs of our business.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
• Minimum of one year of retail/customer service experience
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures, and operating and maintenance instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Good cash handling skills required if trained to process customer transactions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain in a stationary position, walk, reach with hands and arms, push, pull, grasp (simple/power), twist (neck/waist), stoop, bend, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee constantly positions him/herself, including under counters, fixtures or in storage areas to operate a variety of office machines, such as a cash register, computer, fax machine, calculator, computer printer, etc.; stock merchandise on shelves, counters and tables, handle inventory, clean the store, etc. The employee is required to consistently move about inside the store to greet and sell to clients, stock or arrange merchandise, inventory; clean the store, etc. The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, both in person and over the telephone, to meet, greet, service and to sell products; communicates with Store Manager for direction, etc.; be able to document incidents in the absence of managers; must be able to accurately exchange information in these situations. The employee frequently ascends/descends a mobile ladder or step stool to access shelves, stock shelves, arrange merchandise, clean the store, etc. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, carrying at a specified distance dependent on work area, or use the Buddy System, e.g., soliciting assistance from a co- worker.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to very loud music. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those in which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.