- 5055 Satellite Dr, Mississauga, ON L4W 5K7, Canada
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com.
The main area of responsibility would be retail sales, cash & complete retail accounting, co-ordination with Store Managers, District Managers and Regional Managers for various retail operation. Wholesale operation AP cycle of accounting, monthly/quarterly/annual various reporting of PST, payroll reports and workplace safety reporting by provinces.
- Assist in the Filling of all required business returns (HST/PST, Workplace safety for various provinces, Health tax etc.)
- Reporting to loss prevention dept on retail sales by stores.
- Complete AP cycle for lease accounting, payment, compliance of US GAAP and lease reporting.
- Month end reporting of financial statement, fixed asset record and reporting.
- Dealing with vendors accounts and settlement, credit card payments or EFT or wire, checks.
- Bank fees & merchant CC fees and reports on monthly basis and allocation of the cost.
- Assist in preparing documents and various sales reporting for managers and executives.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable.
- Assistance in prepare monthly financial reporting schedules and annual financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Assist in preparation and review revenue recognition schedule using percentage of completion.
- Prepare all monthly accruals for approval (AP closure and AR closure) and coordinate with departments for accuracy.
- Responsible for all reconciliations at month end and year end.
- Support monthly, quarterly and year-end information to internal and external auditors.
- Review Inventory reporting and provision for obsolesce.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- AP and AR backup activities when required.
• Strong financial acumen and analytical agility
• Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines, there may be occasional extra hours needed for deadline and reporting etc.
• Self-motivated, results driven, prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Must be proficient in Excel (PIVOT TABLE, VLOOKUP), Outlook etc.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Speaks fluent English
Education and Experience
• Designation or significant process toward obtainment of designation or Diploma in accounting or finance.
• A minimum of 5 years strong accounting experience.
• A knowledge of Peoplesoft or Oracle financial or ERP.
• Strong interpersonal skills for developing and maintaining effective working relationships both internally and externally.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.