Strategic Partnerships Manager, Brand Manager
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 170 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,000 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
This role will be responsible for brand management, strategic planning and execution, business development including deal negotiation and contract management within the Global Licensing and Strategic Partnerships team.
This job will require a unique combination of attributes. The candidate will have a minimum of 5yrs experience working specifically in the fashion, entertainment and talent sector and a proven track record in brand management, talent management, project management, contract management, deal negotiation, presentation and research skills.
The candidate will have excellent communication, be outgoing, resourceful and proactive as well as having the personality to interact and effectively communicate with multiple departments across the business. The candidate is capable of defining a vision, marshaling resources, executing projects and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Manage relationships with key strategic partners and work closely with internal teams to execute (if appropriate)
- Support and deliver for our domestic and international partners to co-create value - ensure our stakeholders / partners / retailers around the world feel supported and have local and global initiatives to help them drive the business and grow the brand in their market - put together local / global initiatives that cater to their local customer needs and will move the needle for them
- Work alongside design, sales and marketing on strategic partnerships to maximize initiatives and activations
- Develop strategy with the Managing Director based on executive vision for business unit and specified sales targets
- Provide research and analytical support to identify, evaluate, and implement solutions for strategic priorities or critical business issues that arise
- · Work independently to design and lead research projects related to market trends, consumer profiles, and competitive intelligence
- Identify key insights and learnings across consumer habits: product and marketplace to fully engage and penetrate the market based on deeply seated knowledge on the consumer mindset
- Support projects of strategic importance to Skechers’ growth and profitability, by working with cross-functional teams and sometimes external vendors/agencies.
Global Partnerships Development
- Drive sales initiatives globally that generate incremental revenue streams and/or enhance brand reputation through identification of and outreach to potential partners before introducing to Managing Director for approval
- Identify relevant measures and drive accountability for on-going business performance against strategic objectives, coordinate the process of quarterly business review.
- Develop presentation framework that will communicate Skechers vision and strategic initiatives to external business partners
Deal Flow & Contract Management
- Prepare and submit initial deal terms to potential partners for review/approval
- Manage all stages of contract comments
- Prepare contract summaries and coordinate with relevant departments to ensure details are shared across the company
- Support Managing Director with administration needs
Analytics & Research
- Use data analytics, trend analysis, customer metrics and local market intelligence to identify and propose suitable regional/designer/influencer/talent partnerships – either traditional brand endorsement supported by above and below the line promotional activity, social media, Public Relations, and/or Designer capsule collections supported and driven by talent/influencer partnerships
- Translates key category insights into timely opportunities
- Analyze financial information (e.g. royalty reports, revenues, etc.) to ensure all operations meet expectations and to identify trends and growth opportunities
- Work with Managing Director to set budget targets and goals
- Build/strengthen/grow direct customer relationship to enhance and increase customer loyalty engagement and trust (using ecommerce, social media, and other tactics)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to turn vision into action
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Sales Lead acquisition and deal negotiation
- Analytical, ability to synthesize data (internal, external, financial, etc.) to develop actionable insights
- Capable of planning ahead and executing tasks/projects on time
- Excellent written & spoken communication skills
- Ability to work with cross-functionally with various business units and senior business leaders
- Ability to manage internal/external stakeholders for concurrent projects
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- International background and understanding of foreign markets
- Previous experience in apparel, media/entertainment, licensing
- Efficient with Microsoft Office, excel, and other programs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a variety of applicable roles of increasing responsibility
- Microsoft Suite
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.