- 330 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 170 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,000 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
The Sample Coordinator is responsible for managing all of their assigned division’s footwear samples, coordinating sample requests and shipments, maintaining their division’s showrooms with the most complete and correct sample line. This includes prioritizing and distributing samples, and communicating with the team to ensure that samples arrive on time and timelines are kept.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
Monitor and maintain assigned division’s showrooms multiple times a day, which includes, but it not limited to:
- Organizing the showroom walls and auditing the rooms once a week
- Adding new styles to the showroom walls
- Removing all reduced and dropped styles from the showroom walls
- Ensuring that the most up to date and correct sample is placed in the showroom
- Creating table displays of key styles
- Cleaning showrooms before and after management and account meetings
- Laying out new development samples based on management’s direction
Organize and maintain storage dress shops
- Overseeing samples inflow and outflow of the storage area and following set guidelines for the divisions dress shop and designated aisles.
Coordinate sample shipments and distributions for domestic and international conferences, trade shows, and photo shoots which includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring that all new samples arrive on time, and are distributed the same day that they arrive in the office.
- Communicating with our Asia offices regarding samples ETD.
- Tracking orders regularly to ensure minimal room for error/delays and working with office services when issues arise.
- Fulfilling sample requests and shipping out the samples in a timely manner.
- Working with the other sample coordinators to manage timelines for packing and shipping samples out for meetings and tradeshows.
Distribute incoming development, fit, national account, and confirmation samples to the appropriate people.
Work with sales reps and product team to coordinate the use of “rare” corporate samples and “keep” samples for scheduled account meetings in person and through virtual presentations.
Work with the Digital Imaging team to ensure all samples are shot and displayed online
- Properly dress lace each sample prior
- Create invoice for the box of samples sent over to be photographed, labeling style, and type of photo shot needed for the sample.
Fulfill all sample requests and provide ETA and tracking information
Audit line sheets for correct product information and images.
Track NA and Sales samples and maintain a log for all styles in the division.
Work directly with the Product Manager for a list of NA/SLS/INA/CAN/AKS samples and order accordingly.
Print development reports for Merchandisers and VP, track development when necessary.
Monthly rotational sample coordinator duties such as:
- Creating an invoice and shipping out daily samples to China from the Production and Design Department.
- Distributing mail to recipient’s desk from dedicated mail drop off trays in the office.
- Driving boxes of samples from one office to another to get photographed, and distributed back to their respective teams.
- Laying out production samples that have been sent to sales reps to be approved by Product and Design team.
- Covering the receptionist desk while the receptionist is at lunch.
- Removing the office “IRA” boxes once they are filled.
Other duties as assigned.
- Must be highly organized; able to take direction and work independently.
- Must be a team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to work in a professional manner.
- Must have proven ability to prioritize and met deadlines, provide a high level of attention to detail, and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Must be able to move and lift boxes of footwear samples between buildings.
- Must be able to travel by company vehicle between the Skechers office buildings through Manhattan Beach.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record and be insurable under company’s standard liability policy, as issues by company’s current insurance carrier.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Product Development, Fashion, or Design preferred.
- 1-2 years professional work experience in an office environment or footwear retail experience.
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Excel and Power Point)
- Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.