Finance Systems Administrator, Oracle EPBCS
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 170 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,000 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
As a member of the SKECHERS USA, Inc. Information Technology team, this role will be responsible for the management and ongoing successful system administration of Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) applications within the SKECHERS financial systems portfolio. This role will primarily support the planning and future EPM applications while being a part of a team who serve as project lead, partnering with the business, and other areas within IT, to be the go-to-system support for the global Finance end-user community. This role is also responsible for identifying ways to make processes more efficient, offering continuous improvement recommendations, developing and delivering system enhancements, and providing training to the finance and accounting teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Serve as the hands-on system administrator for Oracle Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Services (EPBCS) and future EPM applications/modules
- Ensure maintenance of data integration, schedules and mapping including leveraging finance and systems knowledge to identify issues and recommend solutions
- Lead, manage and execute system enhancements, including risk assessment, project planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, documentation, user support and training, and on-going application maintenance
- Actively participate in new technology implementations partnering with internal and external resources
- Lead efforts to reengineer and optimize business processes using technology solutions to gain efficiencies and reduce manual effort of stakeholders
- Lead and/or participate in global finance projects focused on driving best practices and consistency throughout the finance applications ecosystem
- Partner with key business stakeholders and multi-departments to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing program of transformation
- Collaborate with Finance on systems-related projects including the initial implementation, future upgrades/enhancements and day-to-day maintenance and configuration on Oracle EPM Cloud solutions
- Cross-functional collaboration and communication to quickly understand, troubleshoot, find root cause, and resolve issues (access, data, reporting, system, etc.)
- Educate users through hands-on training and the creation of user documentation.
- Partner with IT infrastructure teams, (internal to Skechers and external with Oracle) to ensure application availability and stability.
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of finance system administration
- Previous project management experience in complex IT projects will be preferred
- Ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies independently using documentation and online resources
- Takes personal responsibility to improve processes and systems
- Ability to conceptualize, formulate, and succinctly convey complex solutions to a wide audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills using Microsoft Office, Visio or LucidChart, Smartsheets
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity, considers different approaches to issue resolution
- Excellent relationship building skills, able to build trust with stakeholders
- Demonstrated track record of process improvement and desire to implement best practices
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Positive, proactive, and self-motivated
- Must have high degree of accuracy, results-oriented, highly accountable
- Adaptable, flexible in a changing environment, comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Works well in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines for deliverables
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology, or equivalent professional experience
- Degree or certifications in systems administration a plus
- 8 years of combined Accounting/Finance and Financial Systems experience with at least 5 years of experience administering the Oracle/Hyperion Planning suite of solutions including EPBCS, Hyperion Planning, FDM, Financial Reports (FR) and Smart View
- Knowledge of Financial Close Cloud Services (FCCS), Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and PeopleSoft, a plus.
- Strong understanding of key financial models and metrics to ensure that the application(s) meet performance expectations and reporting requirements
- Solid understanding of multi-currency general ledger, data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional), extract, transform, load (ETL) processes and reporting systems
- Proven successful project management expertise
- Problem solving ability with a strong technical aptitude to perform root cause analysis
- Involvement in a global enterprise project, including building business requirements documentation (BRD) and active participation in the design, testing, training, and implementation phases.
- Experience in the retail industry, helpful, but not required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.