Global Merchandise Planner
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
To analyze sales and inventory position, provide constructive analysis and direction to Merchandisers & Distributors by country/store type on the total/gender/division/category/SKU level. Use historical sales to ensure optimal quarterly and seasonal assortments, and identify/react to in-season misses and opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Communicate and follow-up with Distributors regularly to collect sales/inventory data and ensure accuracy of information.
- Analyze weekly/monthly/quarterly and seasonal sales and inventory data to identify opportunities and risks by gender/division/department/style.
- Communicate all relevant analysis, suggestions, and buy strategies to Merchandisers and Distributors in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement reports to analyze key items and categories.
- Plan sales and forecast appropriate inventory levels by quarter/season and monitor on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Analyze booking reports to identify opportunity and devise seasonal/annual projections by customer and category.
- Create assortment plans and SKU guidelines by gender/division for new stores, and collaborate with Merchandisers and Retail Development team accordingly.
- Review new store floorplans to ensure optimal sales floor layout and stock room space based on country’s sales trends by gender and volume.
- Track sales for all Skechers stores to assess comp and total performance.
- Work with Analysis team/IT Department to streamline data and automate reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc). Experience with macros and basic programming a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Proactive, aggressive, takes the initiative to drive business and think outside of the box.
- Product knowledge.
- Systems knowledge.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 4-6 years planning/analyst experience.
- Buying experience a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.