Store CAD Designer
- 1240 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 170 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,000 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
This position contributes to Skechers’ success by supporting the Store Design group to create outstanding designs that uphold our company values while crafting Skechers Experience. Your primary mission is to create, innovate, elevate, inspire and execute store design projects. The role encompasses collaboration cross-functionally with various business units, oversight of holistic design process; inclusive of all phases of design from schematic through construction documents and administration; while honoring budget, schedule and operational requirements aligned with strategic business needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Accountability – Setting personal goals for the work, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Observe behaviors that are grounded in Skechers’ Values.
- Commitment to the work and team.
- Practice a holistic integration of Design disciplines and principles architecture and interiors.
- Elevate design and uphold the aspirations and rapid evolution of a global and enduring brand.
- Design and author highly influential programs and projects with specific and broad reaching applications.
- Support design ideas, conversations and directions across the organization, including strategy, operational innovation, program management, field operations, store development group and other cross-functional business owners.
- Executes design strategy of Skechers projects, programs and initiatives in alignment with leadership goals.
- Provides clear, effective and timely communication of direction and alignment with team members.
- Proposes holistic design and resource solutions for work content and workflow with the Senior Designer, Director of Store Design and the Vice President of Store Design.
- Provides forward thinking design, experiences & ideation to concepts projects.
- Strives to continually exhibit a successful attitude, confidence, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Strives to continually drive projects forward in both a strategic and tactical way.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution and measuring results.
- Contributes to greater business goals along with Store Development, Construction & Real Estate by achieving targeted deliverables.
- Designs environments/ store programs and initiatives within parameters of individual business goals, budgets and market requirements.
- Assists to plan and manage business unit and department processes and practices with the Senior Store Designer, Director of Store Design and Vice President of Store Design.
- Prepares, communicates and educates cross-functional client groups and internal team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
- Sets schedules with alignment from Construction and Real Estate. Communicates dates to team and meets all established deadlines.
- Adaptability and able to flex within the context of changing priorities.
- Conducts site visits and supplier / Fabrication reviews as needed.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Participates in schematic reviews with Leadership, Cross-Functional business owners, Program Management, Operations, Creative, Category, Store Design, etc.
- Participates in market research and tours to gain cross functional alignment and understanding of context, segment, customer base and market priorities.
- Manages the architectural design process by assessing the scope of the project through review of site surveys and lease documents
- Manages and executes against design process and production of deliverables for design, through concept to construction documents. Ensures all intended scope of work and code requirements are met and aligned to design intent and reflected in drawings.
- Oversees the Q/A of any outsourced deliverables.
- Adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Understanding of the interplay of Brand - Design - Communication.
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store design including furniture and finishes.
- Current - working knowledge of building code and compliance issues.
- Demonstrated CAD Drafting, 3D visualization via Sketchup (VRAY, Rhino, etc.).
- Ability and working knowledge of color, materiality, foundational design principles.
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional projects.
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines.
- Articulate design issues in written and verbal communication, sketches/drawings, etc.
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied solutions.
- Knowledge of architectural detailing, material assembly, construction process, project sequencing, specifications, etc. for construction document QA/production and construction administration.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Organizational skills; attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field.
- Experience in specific field or utilizing designated skills: 4-5 yrs
- CAD drafting in AutoCAD software: 4-5 yrs
- 3D modeling & rendering software. Sketchup, Rhino or equiv. V-ray, etc. 3 yrs
- Project management experience 3-4 yrs
- Retail design or development organization including management of construction documents 3-4- yrs
- Experience managing external architectural and/or design consultants a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.