Scala/Java Software Engineer
- 225 S Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
- Employment Status: Regular
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 170 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,000 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
Skechers IT division is transforming our engineering practice by embracing high-performing, cloud native APIs and applications using a modern technology stack that includes serverless, microservices, containers, and zero-touch delivery pipelines. The software engineer is responsible for designing, development, testing and maintaining high quality technology solutions that will deliver an excellent solutions and services for Skechers global e-commerce business and digital marketing. The ideal candidate will have over 3 years hands-on coding experience with strong communication and problem-solving skills, self-motivated, and passionate to create and build the enterprise level applications with modernization architecture.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Design, develop, and deliver high-quality software services such as microservices and APIs to meet the needs of the business
- Step-in to troubleshoot challenging production issues, able to quickly solve and deploy the solutions to production
- Collaborate with the engineering team to evaluate and design software architecture
- Assess the use of appropriate technologies and structure applications for maintainability and architectural alignment
- Elevate the quality of engineering by conducting code reviews, improving documentation, encouraging automation and testing
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their business requirements, provide solutions, translate their needs into design specs, and implement them to production
- Assist with QA to ensure all user test cases are defined and tested
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with backend server language Java/Scala
- 3+ years of experience in developing REST APIs with Json, HTTP protocol, Postman and/or curl
- Deep knowledge of software engineering pattern, architecture, and best practices
- Proficient in using SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL and CloudantDB or MongoDB, Redis is a plus
- Proficient in using software developing tool including Git/Github, Sbt, and Jenkins
- Experience with Cloud Platform AWS EC2/ECS/Lambda or GCP
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration systems such as AWS ECS/EKS/Fargate
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation and CodeDeploy for CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development environment
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a good team player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, an independent worker with high
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.